Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my next project will be adding some type of rock bars to my Patriot.

Who has the RRO Super Sliders and are they worth the price tag ($409 before shipping)?

I can get nerf bars for below $200 shipped(MoJeepin has a similar set up.): [ame]http://www.amazon.com/STEELCRAFT-223100-07-14-PATRIOT-Running/dp/B00K2QNQ58/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421345835&sr=8-1&keywords=jeep+patriot+nerf+bars&pebp=1421345844650&peasin=B00K2QNQ58[/ame]

What is the difference in protection from underneath? I also want to get the skid plates but from what I read they are somewhat of a wild goose chase and a complete pain in the arse to install. I want the bars to provide protection underneath as well as on the side.

Winter time sucks where I live and I am tired of trying to kick the snow and salt off my boots before getting in the Pat by gingerly kicking the black plastic runners...

Is there a big difference in ease of installation?

I appreciate any and all comments that could help me make a more informed decision.

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nerf bars as far as protection would only work vs shopping carts or soft snowbanks.
That is kind of what I figured but I wasn't sure... so the extra $200 would be for a much sturdier and more protective product for the side and underneath of the vehicle...

How difficult are the RRO super sliders to install? Any idea?

· Premium Member
3,303 Posts
That is kind of what I figured but I wasn't sure... so the extra $200 would be for a much sturdier and more protective product for the side and underneath of the vehicle...

How difficult are the RRO super sliders to install? Any idea?
I think there are a few installs posted about on here. You need a drill. But other than that I think it's a straight bolt up procedure.
Edit: yup sounds easy http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7952

· Premium Member
972 Posts
I just got mine the day before I came back to work. The sliders are solid metal and will definitely take a hit well. Remember they boast on their site guaranteed for life not to dent or bend, and can lift the vehicle off the ground from the sliders.

Nerf bars in my opinion suck. I've seen many sets of these ripped off other vehicles and are mainly only meant as a step into your vehicle. Even lifted I don't need a step into my patriot.

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the input and advice. RRO super sliders will be the way to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.