Jeep Patriot Forums banner

How did you install your Rocky Road lift kit?

• My own two hands.

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • With a little help from my friends.

• Took it to a mechanic's shop.

• Took it to the Chrysler Dealer.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Not installed yet, waiting for delivery.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Still deciding on whether to purchsase lift kit.

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Waiting to hear about cv joint problems.

Votes: 4 9.3%
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Mr. December 2008
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Camber bolt was fine, however...

I got my kit, but will be installing it myself in a few weeks.
BTW, any probs with the camber bolt thingy ?
Well, after all was said and done, I paid $159.47 total for the 4 wheel alignment and extra hour of labor. The mechanic recommends that for more adjustability (toe in/toe out) on this Pat to get a toe bolt for the rear lower control arms from either a Neon or PT Cruiser. As far as off-road shops in my area, the best one around mysteriously burned to the ground. I'm just glad that my ride tracks and corners better now.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
COPPER, looks great. Really a good looking tire/wheel combo, maybe best 16" job to date. Time to take it out and play in the dirt. Need some new dirt pics.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Installed the kit today.
Took me 4 hrs with my brother in laws help.
I got some mechanical background so it was fairly easy,
(we started on the rear cause it was the hardest, then the front.)
Looking good, now need some new wheels and tyres to complete the look!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Vic, we need some pics!
Congrats and Njoy! You'll love it.
Don't forget to retighten your nuts.:D
My shop marked the nuts to check for loosening. Clever boyz!

·
Registered
667 Posts
next week i'll check.
will post pics soon.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
I had my lift installed by off road shop, they took it it out for a wheel alignment. I did give them both print outs from the forum and they did a great job. They also installed my RR Supersliders. No problem with handling or anything else with the RR lift on Off Road package. Love the clearance! Tires are next, or may be custom bull/light bar and Piaa's...

·
Registered
667 Posts
RRo lift in.

Also put in a aluminuim screen behind the grille.

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Plan to get the RRO lift but i would like to install the lift in my garage how hard is it and what tools might one need I have some mechanical background.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
SE MI Shops?

Anyone in SE MI get a lift done? I sure would like to, but would like to know someone else around here that has and where they had it done. I am thinking of putting the RR Super Sliders on myself, seems that would be a good addition even if you don't lift it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's been six months and NO issues. Glad I had 4wheelparts do the job all in one place, I don't have the tools or the friends I had when I was up north.
Our larger tires are four months old and show no wear at all.
And we look GOOD!!!:D
View attachment 3792
did you put larger tires on the stock wheels ? if so this is my issue im looking to get the rro lift and what a bigger tire but sont wanna invest in a new wheel

thanks

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Cooper I just wanted to say thank you for Serving our country and keeping us safe. I come from a large military family and if not for my Reactive Airway Disease I would have joined the army when I was out of college.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ok. So the RRO lift looks ok. i mean but i seriously thing 1 more inch would do the trick. Can some manufacture please make a dam decent lift. Even if it means replacing the dam CV axels. I would do it. I See the pictures and videos of the jeep patriots with the RRO lift. Ill be honest the RRO lift just isn't enough, even after bigger tires. I mean I still Looks like for a jeep anyways its to low to the ground. This jeep shouldve had 10.1 inches of ground clearance stock not 8.1. Its like jeep is going to start making cars i swear. I think im going to make some calls and see if i can't get someone to engineer a lift. A REAL ONE! im sorry all your patriot lovers out there. were all in the same boat.

·
Fiat Cherokar
3,105 Posts
I'm rocking nearly 12" of ground clearance, and i'll tell you right now that vs the factory 9" I started with it is a big difference. It's very tangible offroad.

The reality with the MK platform is that there are other areas that are going to limit your offroad performance far before ground clearance come in to play.

CV axle wise, other than going with different than OE CV axles with a lifetime warranty, unless you can find a company to make custom axles, which up to this point isn't an option (I tried RCV axles) you are out of luck.

Not trying to rain on your parade but aftermarket support for these vehicles is only going to go so far, but I do welcome you at least making some calls.

·
Registered
701 Posts

I did the install in my driveway in February on her birthday after owning her for 1 year
Perfect 2" lift
I also got a lifetime alignment at Firestone for 100+ $45 extra for camber adjustment

·
Registered
7,460 Posts
I think the fact that there are two options for a lift for a patriot is actually pretty impressive, due to its platform.

And Honestly, if I didn't have payments on it, I would have kept my patriot as it was a nearly perfect cross between DD and off road toy. with the FDII/RRO/ and 30" tires, I was rocking close to 13" of clearance. and I often left Liberty's with similar sized lift kits installed.

I agree that another 1" would be nice for a strictly off road vehicle, but it would cause the very narrow patriot to start to be too tall I think for a good DD. and the whole point of a lift is to allow for bigger tires. What I would like to see is a custom suspension that gave the same amount of lift as the RRO, but allowed for larger tires AND better flex, and some custom fenders, and some custom bumpers, and some new gearing to allow for bigger tires (30" is really the max you can go with current gearing) and an LSD/Locker.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
ok. So the RRO lift looks ok. i mean but i seriously thing 1 more inch would do the trick. Can some manufacture please make a dam decent lift. Even if it means replacing the dam CV axels. I would do it. I See the pictures and videos of the jeep patriots with the RRO lift. Ill be honest the RRO lift just isn't enough, even after bigger tires. I mean I still Looks like for a jeep anyways its to low to the ground. This jeep shouldve had 10.1 inches of ground clearance stock not 8.1. Its like jeep is going to start making cars i swear. I think im going to make some calls and see if i can't get someone to engineer a lift. A REAL ONE! im sorry all your patriot lovers out there. were all in the same boat.
i have the same opinion but i actually own the lift so i understand.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts