Jeep Patriot Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey guys just to keep you posted. Turns out my appointment today with the suspension shop pointed out that my front, and rear motor mounts were bad. I also had a bad bearing on the front drivers side, and axle. Rack, and pinion need to be replaced as well. Doing it all Monday. I’m still going with the STU coil method once I have the struts, and spacers. I’m just going to go easy on the Jeep once I have it back Monday evening. I’m the second owner of this vehicle so the first owner didn’t really give a damn about this Compass. It’s all good though. I know it will drive far better once those parts are installed, and with their alignment using the hunter road force machine. The Jeep will be better then before when I first got it. Sucks I have to deal with the previous owners negligence to care for this car properly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
@ Sa
You might have vibrations, but they won't be caused by the inner cv joints exceeding their max angle.
Hey Sandstone,

I guess I am going to have to deal with the wobble/vibration until I get the new struts/shocks, and the 30mm Tema strut spacers for the front/rear. The spacers will not come until after this month since it is made in Russia. The suspension shop had tried to add washers to the front axles which would of possibly added less stress. That did not work.

·
Premium Member
4,032 Posts
I had the RRO kit on my patriot years ago without any problems but elected to go Stus coils for a firmer ride as i have 2007 Patriot. Have not had a problem with either one.

·
Super Moderator
4,189 Posts
@ Sa

Hey Sandstone,

I guess I am going to have to deal with the wobble/vibration until I get the new struts/shocks, and the 30mm Tema strut spacers for the front/rear. The spacers will not come until after this month since it is made in Russia. The suspension shop had tried to add washers to the front axles which would of possibly added less stress. That did not work.
Yeah, someone who had RRO added spacers between the sub-frame and the chassis and that got rid of the vibration. It lifted the body, but it also canceled out the lift gain from the bottom of the skid plate to the ground, so basically clearance was back to stock.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah, someone who had RRO added spacers between the sub-frame and the chassis and that got rid of the vibration. It lifted the body, but it also canceled out the lift gain from the bottom of the skid plate to the ground, so basically clearance was back to stock.
Hey Sandstone,

so I’m going to take the spacers off for now until I get my new setup. I’ll throw on a smaller tire as well temporarily. I need to have my daily safe, and not do further damage to the compass.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I thought this would interest everyone lol. Here’s an update. What a long process to take off the RRO spacers front/rear. My big tires 235/70/17 fit with no problem at all without any lift. If I knew this from the beginning I would of not purchased the RRO kit. A learning curve for sure haha. The 30mm tema spacers I bought will not be going on the Jeep. I will however install the STU coils with the monroe struts front/rear for a more comfortable ride. I currently have a quick strut installed from a company called Detroit axle. My quick struts are not blown or anything just the monroe struts/shocks will give better ride quality/comfort.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So you kept the factory 17 inch rims but put larger tires on it correct? If so that means you increased the overall diameter of the wheel tire combination. This would make sense as to why it is causing problems. The factory 17 rim with a 215 60 R17 tire is 27.2 inches overall diameter. If you put a larger diameter tire on it without decreasing rim size it is definitely going to ruin the geometry of your entire front suspension. I'm getting 15 inch rims to accommodate larger tires to avoid this. I don't know if it's too late for you to do the same.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts