Jeep Patriot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
With that dumb question I apologize. I see I can buy 1” spacers. Is that I would need besides the coils? I know the coils would go right over the struts.

·
Administrator
6,200 Posts
Stuck in traffic on a rainy evening lol. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday. I really appreciate your input here. I think the safest thing to do would be the STU coil setup with the small spacer like you did. So now my question is for my 2015 Compass could I buy a already manufactured “1 strut spacer for the front, and rear? I’m guessing I would remove the entire RRO lift kit components.
Remove the RRO spacers, but you can keep the RRO adjustable rear control arms, the front sway bar link extensions, and the camber bolts for the front if you want.

With that dumb question I apologize. I see I can buy 1” spacers. Is that I would need besides the coils? I know the coils would go right over the struts.
No worries.

Yeah, Tema makes a similar spacer lift.

That's all that comes to mind at the moment.

I want to make sure they clear a 29 inch diameter tire which is what my tires are being 235/70/17
I have 235/75/15's that are basically 29" mounted to factory rims from a TJ.

They clear fine, no rubbing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just pulled the trigger for the kit. For the spacers so it’s 4 (1” Spacers to go all around right?) that’s the next thing I need to get. Thanks again :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought the STU ones from AU. Same ones that you have. Now as for the shocks I’m thinking Monroe all around. Usually rock auto gives very good prices.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I found the tema 4x4 20mm, and 30mm strut spacers. I think the 20mm would be good I know it’s not exactly 1 inch, but with the STU coils I know I’ll achieve a little over 2 inches in height. What do you think?

·
Registered
30 Posts
The 30mm spacer is 1.181 inches. I made a mistake on my last post. I’m thinking this would be a safe height for the spacer, and with the 1inch from the STU coil. I still would not max out the CV angles at all. At least I think I’m right, but correct me if I’m wrong with going for the 30mm spacers

·
Administrator
6,200 Posts
I have only tested a 1", but I think you are probably right. If you start having problems you can swap the spacer for a smaller one.

Do you have an angle gauge to measure the front drivers side axle?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yea I think ill go with the 30mm tema 4x4 spacer so its only 1.181 inches. I do not have an angle gauge, but the shop I go to uses the hunter road force alignment machine. The equipment is very good. I am thinking what components from the RRO kit do I need to remove. the kit contained:

Front Strut spacer system. ( I know these are being removed )
Rear strut corrective alignment spacer system. ( I know these are being removed )
Rear upper control arms, Adjustable for proper alignment. ( These can stay )
Swaybar extensions, adjustable. ( I guess these can stay unless they are proving to stress the cv joints )
Camber bolt packs. ( I am unsure if I would even need these )

·
Registered
30 Posts
Got it!

Alright so the camber bolts would be needed. The STU kit does come with the camber bolt pins for the front as well.

STU kit incudes:

• Front Coil CRDSTU 06 (x2)
• HD Rear Coil CRDSTU 07 (x2)
• Front Camber Bolt CRDSTU CB114 (x2 pins)

I am wondering though is it the spacers from the RRO kit that put strain on the CV joints? Lifting the car with the coils is the more natural way of achieving a lift I understand that. Is it due to the placement of the coils which have less strain on the cv joints?

Just got this email from RRO lol

(If installed correctly, the problem isn’t the lift kit.
Something in the drivetrain either wasn’t reassembled correctly (often an axle not fully seated), or an engine/transMission/differential mount is torn or loose.)

·
Administrator
6,200 Posts
Even with stu coils u might still get the same vibrations. Mine does.
You might have vibrations, but they won't be caused by the inner cv joints exceeding their max angle.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You might have vibrations, but they won't be caused by the inner cv joints exceeding their max angle.
True. Was just under the impression he was switching to stu’s because of the vibrations with the RRO kit. Be interesting to see how he goes with it anyway.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Much appreciated for your input. The main reason I think I have the bad shuddering under some hard acceleration from a dead stop is most likely due to the stress on the CV joints because of the RRO kit I have on now. As I’ve done more research on the STU coil kit it’s a more natural way of lifting the vehicle. I do believe you J.riot I will get some vibrations, but not like what I get now. The RRO team as you can see from my previous reply won’t even admit to their manufactured defect on the their own kit. They wrote back to me saying I can return the kit for in store credit lol. The springs will be delivered to me next week. I am going with monroe struts all around. I am also buying the Tema 4x4 30mm spacers off Amazon. Of course I’ll keep you guys posted. I am truly grateful for your help guys.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not to cause confusion J.riot the 30mm spacers I am referring to are the strut spacers which would provide an inch of space. The STU coils should give me a bit over an inch of lift. Correct me if I am wrong. I did email Stuart asking about my 2015 Compass, and he said he wasn’t sure of the achieved height. I did see one post from Stuart:

“I fitted a set of my coils to a CRD Compass today and it came up a treat. Ride and Handling were spot on and she sits really level. For some strange reason it looked really high when we put it back on the ground but it must be deceiving due to the body shape? It came up 48mm in the front and 50mm in the rear, no top out front or rear which is great and I did around 50klms on the test drive to make sure”. Which Compass is he referring to? Probably not the 2015 MK. Hopefully it would achieve the same 48mm front / 50mm rear.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts