Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my RRO installed a couple months ago and threw on some new tires last week. Falken Wildpeak A/Ts 235/70/17 on factory wheels. There is a fair amount of rub at full lock, especially turning right but I plan on installing wheel spacers this week to fix it. They are fairly heavy and brought my MPG down considerably, but my work requires me to drive in sand and mud and all in all they are excellent offroad and super smooth on the highway. I also have about 12 inches of clearance now.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
I have fallen Rocky Mountains which are the discount tire brand of the wild peaks, they are a good tire, but in the 245/65-17, like you said they are quite heavy. Love them though, off road quite a bit, spacers will help, so will modifying that pinch weld. How much room between the tire and spring guard on the spacer do you have?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have fallen Rocky Mountains which are the discount tire brand of the wild peaks, they are a good tire, but in the 245/65-17, like you said they are quite heavy. Love them though, off road quite a bit, spacers will help, so will modifying that pinch weld. How much room between the tire and spring guard on the spacer do you have?
Not much room at all. About 1/4 inch. But it is enough to keep it drivable. When I had them installed the guy brought me out to show me that he could just barely stick a pen between the two, but said that it was fine as long as nothing was touching.

·
Registered
840 Posts
x2 on beating down your pinchweld and buying some spacers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts