Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone new Patriot owner here and I am having an issue that has been discussed on here a lot over the years but yet to find the exact answer in my searches.
2008 patriot base model 2.4l 2wd. I picked up the vehicle which was sitting for about 5 months.
FRESHLY REPLACED 2020
-SPARK PLUGS
-IGNITION COILS
-AIR FILTER
-3 TREATMENTS OF LUCAS DEEP CLEAN
-THROTTLE BODY
-AIR INTAKE TEMPATURE SENSOR
-PCV VALVE
Never threw any engine codes or a check engine light but lurking in the background was a po300 and then po113 which i know is multiple misfire and then the other is the air intake sensor.
The sensor was causing the issue of my vehicle to die after first start up which is now fixed.
However I still feel like the idle is rough and is worse while in drive or in gear.
I notice a lag between 1st and 2nd gear at low rpms however on the freeway she drives like a dream with full power.
WHAT IN THE HELL AM I MISSING? Based on what I have done I am at a loss.
Any help would be greatly appreciated I know others on here over the years have had the same issue what was the definitive fix
Thanks in advance

UPDATE!! WHILE DRIVING THIS MORNING I REALLY PAID CLOSE ATTENTION TO IT AND IT SEEMS WHEN COLD THE VIBRATION IS MORE NOTICABLE WHILE STOPPED AT A LIGHT. WHEN I THROW IT IN PARK NOT AS NOTICABLE AND NOTICE HESITATION IN LOW GEAR OR RPMS..AFTER A 20 MINUTE DRIVE ON FREEWAY AND ALL FULLY WARMED UP VIBRATION NOT AS BAD BUT STILL THERE BUT HESITATION SEEMS NOT AS BAD..

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi, I have some issues with rough idle and pat stalling. I also got engine light on. I changed the idle air control valve and it seems to have fix the issue. Checkout this:
Hope that helps. Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I have some issues with rough idle and pat stalling. I also got engine light on. I changed the idle air control valve and it seems to have fix the issue. Checkout this:
Hope that helps. Good luck!
Thank you for the response. I actually just ordered this part on monday and is the next option and im thinking the last possibility as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the response. I actually just ordered this part on monday and is the next option and im thinking the last possibility as well.
so I installed it and it seemed like it helped a little. however what i believe is that the idle is low. If you are in park and you just put a little pressure on the gas it seems like the vibration goes away. I feel like im chasing a gremlin here. I also have all the abs lights on and traction control throwing codes c2116 and c1210. i honestly dont think I have ever owned a vehicle with so many issues in my life hahaha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts