Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at a few different roof racks. I haven't been able to get a good upclose look at the mopar ones. If anyone has any pictures of how they look and how they are attached (ie do they require unscrewing the side rails) it would be much appreciated.

·
POTM November 2008
8,921 Posts
The Mopar cross bars need to be modified slightly to be removable. Otherwise they are not removable once installed. I did the modification. It would have been much easier if the cross bars had not been installed. The mod consists of drilling a hole the rest of the way through so the retainer pins can be pushed back out. I made some longer stainless pins that have a 90 degree bend on one end to be used as a handle. It takes me about 10 minutes to install or remove the factory bars now.

I have no experience with other roof rack parts.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Thule 450 Crossroads

Here is a picture of my Patriot set up with the Thule 450 Crossroad mounts and 64" cross bars.

They may not look as sleek where they attach, but they are stronger than Mopar cross bars. Also, you can use the 58" bars, but these allow me more room for my kayaks, etc. and they do not stick out past the mirrors, something I do with my vehicles to ensure I can fit down a 2 track - if the mirror hits the rack will hit!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would love to see the pictures, but it seems they are not showing up.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
jepstr67 what year patriot do you have?
I just got an 09' and the OEM Mopar cross bars I got are removable and adjustable. They are just installed and adjusted by an extra long hex key.
I've had them off and readjusted their positions afew times.
Also each bar has "rated to 150lbs." on it

Here's a pic with my bars

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
toesnose I really like the look of the sport bars, and it sounds like they are much easier to work with. i think that picture just made up my mind.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes cross bars were purchased but it you find one used it might already come with the cross bars like mine did. I bought it on craigslist for my LR Discovery and just purchases different mounts to mount on the rails

·
Registered
520 Posts
jepstr67 what year patriot do you have?
I just got an 09' and the OEM Mopar cross bars I got are removable and adjustable. They are just installed and adjusted by an extra long hex key.
I've had them off and readjusted their positions afew times.
Also each bar has "rated to 150lbs." on it

Here's a pic with my bars

Are these the bars you purchased and talking about toesnose?

·
Registered
60 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts