Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked for voltage at the power side for power and I read 13.5 V on my power probe. I checked the actual bulb for power and that worked as well. My last educated guess would be that the connector that the bulb connects too is faulty? Any other ideas? Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I have had 3 faulty bulb connectors in my '14 so far... that's definitely where I would start.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Patriot, North Ed.
311 Posts
Does the light come on when grounded? ie: is there always power at bulb and it's grounded through the module? If so, have you tried to back probe the wire and supply ground to see if there is a ground fault? Is the module commanding the light on as it should?

Does the connector look corroded or damaged or have loose pins?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I checked for voltage at the power side for power and I read 13.5 V on my power probe. I checked the actual bulb for power and that worked as well. My last educated guess would be that the connector that the bulb connects too is faulty? Any other ideas? Thank you for the help.
I changed several bulbs, I took the turn signal housing out drilled holes cause I was getting water that would short out the connecter, then got a new connecter just the piece that clips in to the turn signal housing and I've been good

1 - 5 of 5 Posts