Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On older Patriots that might have been sold or traded in, what are the resale values on them? Such as 07-09 Patriots. I just want an idea how much my '10 will be worth. A general description of the car would help as well, considering some of you might have the limited FDII and I have a Sport.

·
Registered
457 Posts
check out edmunds.com or kbb.com both can give you a general idea of what a dealer retail is and what trade in would be.

of course, that's just general, so may be less.

- Dan M

·
Patriot Crash Test Dummy
1,357 Posts
My 2008 was a bare bones Sport model with a5spd and no options whatsoever. It had 40k+ miles and the insurance company gave me 13k for it when it got totaled. Pretty good considering it was 3 years old and only cost 16k new.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
check out edmunds.com or kbb.com both can give you a general idea of what a dealer retail is and what trade in would be.

of course, that's just general, so may be less.

- Dan M
I agree, but I was asking the community to see what their personal experience is. On kbb.com I've seen that a 91 Camaro Z28 with a 350 and a 5 speed fully loaded with options that's been perfectly taken care of is supposed to go for about 2000 whereas I've seen on craigslist guys trying to sell that same car for about 4000. kbb.com might be a great tool to get in the ball park, but it isn't always accurate for most vehicles.

My 2008 was a bare bones Sport model with a5spd and no options whatsoever. It had 40k+ miles and the insurance company gave me 13k for it when it got totaled. Pretty good considering it was 3 years old and only cost 16k new.
Were you still making payments on it? That's a great price they gave you. Mine is also the no options 5 speed sport Patriot. People complain about having to lock the door and roll down/up the window. :D

·
Patriot Crash Test Dummy
1,357 Posts
I had a 60 month loan on it, so I had about 2 years of payments left. Its completely paid off now of course. I know what you mean about the options. Everytime Id tell someone to lock their door, they would always say "Don't you have keyless entry?" Well guess what? My 2011 doesn't have power either:)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a 60 month loan on it, so I had about 2 years of payments left. Its completely paid off now of course. I know what you mean about the options. Everytime Id tell someone to lock their door, they would always say "Don't you have keyless entry?" Well guess what? My 2011 doesn't have power either:)
Power options are for pussies! And now that you say that, that really IS an awesome deal they gave you for your Jeep. But Jeeps have always had high resale values, so it's expected. What color is your 2011?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice. When looking at the Patriot I was about to get a red Wrangler, but instead got this Charcoal Patriot :doh: Wish I got the Wrangler but I love the Patriot. Is your new Patriot 4x4?

·
Patriot Crash Test Dummy
1,357 Posts
Nope, 4X2 just like the last one. The only thing different about the new one is that I got the CVT instead of the 5spd, and I got the tire and wheel package instead of the 16" steelies. And that cruise control and foglights are standard now. Really it came down to me wanting the exact same thing and getting the closest one they had. I think I would have liked the 4X4 but there weren't any around when I got mine, and I couldn't go without a car.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope, 4X2 just like the last one. The only thing different about the new one is that I got the CVT instead of the 5spd, and I got the tire and wheel package instead of the 16" steelies. And that cruise control and foglights are standard now. Really it came down to me wanting the exact same thing and getting the closest one they had. I think I would have liked the 4X4 but there weren't any around when I got mine, and I couldn't go without a car.
Hmm, sounds nice. I have the steelies, no cruise control and mine was standard with foglights. I don't know if your earlier Pat had foglights though, did it?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nope, no fogs on the 08. Just funny lookin plastic grills in the holes where they belonged.
Hmm odd. I haven't seen a fog delete on a Patriot before.

Evil bear, which trim level did you get?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Interesting. I didn't know they made them in fog delete at all! Wow, rare option. It was a nice car. Sad to see it go.

·
Registered
822 Posts
In 2008, you had to get a Limited or FDII to have fog lights. My 2008 Sport E, middle trim level, didn't have them. I think that 2011 is the first year to have them as standard.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In 2008, you had to get a Limited or FDII to have fog lights. My 2008 Sport E, middle trim level, didn't have them. I think that 2011 is the first year to have them as standard.
Odd. My 2010 is a base model with them. It doesn't even say them on the addendum sheet.

Weatherman, I saw another base Patriot today with some nice rims and it didn't have fogs either. I remembered you and your old Pat when I drove by it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have an '09 sport and the fog lights were optional. I wish I had them!
I guess it wasn't as much of a rare option not to have them. Lol. I love my fog lights. When it's coming down the street it's very easily confused with another Jeep such as a Wrangler.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts