Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey can anyone post a few pictures of different angles of their tow hooks before installing them?? Maybe stretch a tape measure along them, with a brief note about the size/orientation of each bolt...?

I'm getting the feeling that there are a lot of handy people with patriots on this site and would love to make their own tow hooks.

I myself want to replicate the hook exactly, except at the end have a welded "T" extruding from the bumper to hang a shackle from.

Any Takers?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH in advance!!

·
just an average Joe
3,284 Posts
there were some pictures posted in multiple other tow hook threads. Search is your friend.
I don't remember seeing any measurements though. Could be wrong.
I know that you dimensioned the fascia holes but your hooks were on already.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, JoeBecker's got the idea. I want to be able to fab something up fairly close enough to fit bolts into holes, not just whether or not the tow hook curves to the side and is made of metal and fits into the front bumper. I've got that search bar on speed-dial man, no worries.

·
just an average Joe
3,284 Posts

·
just an average Joe
3,284 Posts
speed dial, eh? ;)
Admit it though heckler, the measurements don't really jump out at you in the original thread (since it is a link). :)
Thanks for making it visible at a glance. :smiley_thumbs_up:
The measurements are approximate though since the resolution is not that great.

I added some tags to Will's thread and your thread.
Adding tags to really useful threads like these needs to be done (hopefully by the OP) to help out with the search.

Have the above mentioned threads been added to the knowledge base?
And have the OP's been adding tags to their threads in the knowledge base to help the search engine?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, i'm totally cutting up some bumper and profiling some steel. Rock on! I'll post updates when I draft up the stuff. I'm in the middle of moving, so things may have to be put on hold, but it'll get done asap.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hey darseygodwin, any word on your home made tow hooks? Have you had a chance since moving to work on them at all?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've got models, but I'm not satisfied enough with it to spend dollars yet. I know i'm slow as **** but I've got lots on the go here... Don't worry, it won't be left too long. We're just starting to get summer show up here in Sask so I can't leave it much longer at all. I'll post asap.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hope all is well with darseygodwin... been 6 1/2 years since post. But the pics got me started. willl be looking at the hook been tomorrow. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts