Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I have a 2008 Patriot Limited with the boston acoustics package. I was wondering where i could get a replacement assembly for the steering wheel audio/volume controls. Thanks in advance!! Rob.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How did replacement go?

Did you end up replacing your volume control? I had this issue years ago and had it replaced under warranty, but it's now acting up again. The volume control is very sensitive and will get stuck turning up or down. Sometimes will turn the radio all the way up when I'm making a turning and scares the crap out of me and I have to fight it to turn it back down.

Any way I ask because I saw the replacement part online, but when I asked one of the sellers how it's removed and installed they said the center airbag has to be removed first and I'm certainly not sure I can do that myself (or would want to).

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I am fairly sure Creation or perhaps the guy on here with the lowered black and green patriot have replaced the steering wheel controls/new steering wheel with controls that work.

I remember in their write up they showed how to remove the airbag.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
There is one guy on here who bought a steering wheel with the volume and channel controls, and rewired the wheel to make it happen. There is a write up on here, just forgot where. But it has been done.

·
Not Sponsored
6,879 Posts
I am fairly sure Creation or perhaps the guy on here with the lowered black and green patriot have replaced the steering wheel controls/new steering wheel with controls that work.

I remember in their write up they showed how to remove the airbag.
I didn't have wheel controls but I showed how to remove the air bag. I just installed an aftermarket wheel.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
There is one guy on here who bought a steering wheel with the volume and channel controls, and rewired the wheel to make it happen. There is a write up on here, just forgot where. But it has been done.
Right there with you.

Fairly sure search "aftermarket steering wheel and volume buttons" .. Though from memory I think he had an after market head unit.

I didn't have wheel controls but I showed how to remove the air bag. I just installed an aftermarket wheel.
Ahh my bad. I remember reading you did the aftermarket wheel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts