Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to remove the plastic panel picture to then pad the inside with a dynamat type material to hopefully stop or damper the rattle from my subs. Capture.JPG

·
Not Sponsored
6,879 Posts
I have an 08, I take the torx bits from the handle locations, then there is about 20 of those metal snaps inside the panel. So you just pull down carefully, Just take your time. I broke a few of them and now my panel rattles like hell.

·
Premium Member
4,244 Posts
I haven't removed it on mine but I did loosen it up, pry it away from the hatch some and etc. to allow me to hit the innards with Fluid Film, my rustproofer of choice.

You have a combo of screws and clips. Plus snap into place areas.

If I was to remove it entirely I'd invest in one of these:
http://www.harborfreight.com/5-piece-auto-trim-and-molding-tool-set-67021.html

And, removal is easy on auto trim and panels, its the replacing that can be problematic.
Sometimes its not intuitive as to which corner needs to be snapped into place first and you end up having to do a few trial runs, removing it each time before you "get" it.

Go slow. Creation would be a good person to talk to that...he has posted many times about his travails with trying to go too fast and breaking things. It can be an expensive lesson best learned by having others do it.

·
Not Sponsored
6,879 Posts
Yeah, I tend to rush and I always break something.

Or I could just say I rush to find the weak points so nobody else does!

Sent from Android using Autoguide. Excuse my spelling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts