Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Patriot that I used to haul material and equipment for a job this year. It no longer looks brand new . I have scuffs and scratches on the plastic parts. I would love to remove them or at least diminish. Any help is appreciated. I used weather tec on my carpets so all good there.

·
7,810 Posts
I have a 2016 Patriot that I used to haul material and equipment for a job this year. It no longer looks brand new . I have scuffs and scratches on the plastic parts. I would love to remove them or at least diminish. Any help is appreciated. I used weather tec on my carpets so all good there.
Hello Cher! Welcome to our site!

A scratch that has violated the surface will not go away. For scuff marks there's Armor All and several competing products. Another one I've used is Son of a Gun Protectant. They will pretty well cover the scuff marks. Visit the car care section of any auto parts store.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Cher! Welcome to our site!

A scratch that has violated the surface will not go away. For scuff marks there's Armor All and several competing products. Another one I've used is Son of a Gun Protectant. They will pretty well cover the scuff marks. Visit the car care section of any auto parts store.
Thank you! Someone told me that a heat gun and a texture appliance would work to blend/erase the scratches. Has anyone tried that and is it user-friendly or should I take it to a professional?

·
7,810 Posts
Thank you! Someone told me that a heat gun and a texture appliance would work to blend/erase the scratches. Has anyone tried that and is it user-friendly or should I take it to a professional?
A professional will/should do a good job, but they're likely using the same products you could buy over the counter. You're just paying for their time to do the same detailing you would do if you had the time. As for me, I like playing with my Patriot and making it look new again.

However, you still need a little mud on the outside so people know your Jeep is more than a grocery-getter. Someone else on here reminded us that "Mud is Jeep bling." I live on a dirt road so that isn't hard for me to achieve this time of year.

When I bent the bumper on our Wrangler my Wife wouldn't let me fix it. She said, "Its a Jeep!" Even if She'd let me I would have replaced the bumper with a 2X4 and not a $$$ OEM part..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts