Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2010 2.2 CRD
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone advise the best way to see if my Patriot came with remote start without the obvious remote start key fob?

asking as our Pat seems quite hi-spec (Overland) but came with only one key fob, which also looks like a cheap non gen/ oem one

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,767 Posts
The Patriot's "fob" is actually built into the key itself. At least in the U.S. To find out if your particular Patriot came with remote start, add your VIN to the end of the line below and paste that into your browser.

Here's a pic of the fob/key with remote start:
Input device Font Peripheral Electric blue Balance

Here's a pic without:
Input device Automotive tire Font Gadget Guitar accessory

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,767 Posts
If yours has an aftermarket remote, it obviously won't be in your build sheet. If that's the case, then good luck, lol. Show us a pic of the front and back of the fob that you have.

·
Registered
2010 2.2 CRD
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers mr_et2 exactly the info i was looking for ...& doesn't look like ours came with remote start :(

ahhh well, ill add a fortin evo to my xmas list :)

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,828 Posts
Might I recommend a Cadillac if you're looking for something so fancy? Your rig your call of course, just seems to me like Jeeps were meant to be simpler than that, ya know?

·
Registered
2010 2.2 CRD
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
might i recommend folk comment with answers rather than opinions (especially moot opinions, because Jeep themselves offer it as a dealer fit option) ...because you know what they say about 'opinions' :)

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,828 Posts
Yeah, I'm well aware, and I'm also aware I posted my thoughts politely instead of trying to claim some nonexistent law saying you can't put such a thing on. I only mentioned it didn't seem to fit the Jeep image from what I can see, but that as it's your vehicle it's obviously your call what you do with it. No need to respond with prickly comments. I believe you on the not so free side of the pond call that being a "wet blanket".

·
Registered
2010 2.2 CRD
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
yeah, i wasn't interested in thoughts ...i was interested in answers, which mr_et2 had already kindly provided

& yeah, you will get prickly comments when you offer your thoughts, that no one asked for - because that's not being polite, it's being opinionated

& not wanting a conversation with opinionated folk isn't being a 'wet blanket' it's 'not wanting a conversation with the opinionated'

anyways, have a nice day

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Patriot Sport
22 Posts
can anyone advise the best way to see if my Patriot came with remote start without the obvious remote start key fob?

asking as our Pat seems quite hi-spec (Overland) but came with only one key fob, which also looks like a cheap non gen/ oem one
Press the lock button 2 to 3 times. Usually that does the trick on Jeeps.

·
Registered
2008 Sport forest green, LED lighting, all weather group.
23 Posts
That’s what I would try, I have a aftermarket system in my pat and I have to hit the lock button three times, then give it a couple seconds and bam…starts right up! 😉

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
For mine it's lock-unlock-lock.

·
Registered
2010 2.2 CRD
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cheers guys & apologies for the delay replying ...got side tracked by fitting winter steelies & larger tyres (which should please Rosso, as no way should a Jeep be running fancy new fangled alloys ;) )

tried the above with no joy, even removed the steering column trim to see if i could see anything after market with no joy either

Ive got a feeling that remote start on early UK Patriots casued issues with it's thatcham cert, so wasn't offered- so 3rd party will be the way to go (if i can get my missus to stop leaving it in gear when she parks on the drive)

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,828 Posts
I have alloys on mine, simple stock 5-spoke. Alloy or steel(which technically steel is an alloy) doesn't get in the way of your driving experience or mess up the simplicity of the vehicle, which you know full well is the point I was making. The very badge implies simplicity, which is why I kinda short circuit every time I see one of the new fancy Fiats with that badge, or hear of somebody wanting to effectively turn their Patriot into a Bentley. Completely different vehicles, meant for completely different things.

·
Registered
2010 2.2 CRD
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
where are you drawing the line on simplicity? ...power windows? stereo? air con? central locking? ...along with alloys they're all non essential, but found on pretty much all Jeeps & have been for a while

actually, i think we know where your line is- anything on/ not on YOUR car is fine, anybody else's- not so much

not that your opinion really counts for much on here, so maybe write an email to the CEO of Jeep ...& then shout at a cloud or two

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,828 Posts
:p Nice try. First off, we're talking about Jeeps here, not my Impala. I can understand electric windows and power locks on something like a Grand Cherokee or Liberty, maybe even heated seats on the Grand Cherokee. But such things on a Patriot or even a Wrangler make no sense, as these are supposed to be simpler, basic, more versatile and utilitarian vehicles. Believe it or not, there is one thing I've occasionally wished I had on my Patriot, and that's heated mirrors. Would have come in handy a few times, but I've gotten along fine without them. Wanted the fancy stuff like electric windows and locks, and fancy stereo when I first got it, but 12 years with it in its more simply equipped form have shown me what makes it truly a Jeep, and then some.

Now on my Impala, yeah, I love the electric windows, 6 way driver's seat adjustment, power mirrors and locks, cruise control, and even the smoother ride. But that's an Impala, not a Jeep, and I used my shotgun on the remote control that came with it because I didn't need it and was frankly getting sick of hearing the car go nuts every time I sat down while that remote was in my pocket. And I still wanna get rid of the DRL/autolight crap in the Impala. If I were incapable of pulling the headlight switch, or thought such a task beneath me, then I wouldn't be fit to perform more complex tasks like turning the steering wheel, let alone getting the column shifter into the needed position or applying just the right pressure to the accelerator when on a local drive that I don't need cruise control for.

·
Registered
2010 2.2 CRD
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
so your Patriot doesn't have power windows, stereo, central locking or air con? ...must be pretty uncomfortable not having air con where you are??

personally i have no opinion on what a Patriot should/ shouldn't be ...as i don't work in Jeeps branding dept, i just view it as a 10 year old chunky looking SUV with semi-permanent 4wd that is based on a Caliber

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,828 Posts
I have air conditioning, but don't use it alot because the window crank works and it's not always that hot in Michigan. Stereo is the basic(for today) AM/FM/CD/aux with one speaker in each door and that's it. Pumps out local country radio stations pretty good, and while the thought has crossed my mind to put in other speakers, there's other priorities like replacing rusty body panels next year and maybe upgrading the suspension, Lord willing.

Jeep built their name on the basic, utilitarian stuff. When the people who own the name abandon that to make a buck, I start calling it out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts