Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010 2.2 CRD
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone advise the best way to see if my Patriot came with remote start without the obvious remote start key fob?

asking as our Pat seems quite hi-spec (Overland) but came with only one key fob, which also looks like a cheap non gen/ oem one

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,640 Posts
The Patriot's "fob" is actually built into the key itself. At least in the U.S. To find out if your particular Patriot came with remote start, add your VIN to the end of the line below and paste that into your browser.

Here's a pic of the fob/key with remote start:
Input device Font Peripheral Electric blue Balance

Here's a pic without:
Input device Automotive tire Font Gadget Guitar accessory

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,640 Posts
If yours has an aftermarket remote, it obviously won't be in your build sheet. If that's the case, then good luck, lol. Show us a pic of the front and back of the fob that you have.

·
Registered
2010 2.2 CRD
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers mr_et2 exactly the info i was looking for ...& doesn't look like ours came with remote start :(

ahhh well, ill add a fortin evo to my xmas list :)

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,806 Posts
Might I recommend a Cadillac if you're looking for something so fancy? Your rig your call of course, just seems to me like Jeeps were meant to be simpler than that, ya know?

·
Registered
2010 2.2 CRD
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
might i recommend folk comment with answers rather than opinions (especially moot opinions, because Jeep themselves offer it as a dealer fit option) ...because you know what they say about 'opinions' :)

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,806 Posts
Yeah, I'm well aware, and I'm also aware I posted my thoughts politely instead of trying to claim some nonexistent law saying you can't put such a thing on. I only mentioned it didn't seem to fit the Jeep image from what I can see, but that as it's your vehicle it's obviously your call what you do with it. No need to respond with prickly comments. I believe you on the not so free side of the pond call that being a "wet blanket".

·
Registered
2010 2.2 CRD
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
yeah, i wasn't interested in thoughts ...i was interested in answers, which mr_et2 had already kindly provided

& yeah, you will get prickly comments when you offer your thoughts, that no one asked for - because that's not being polite, it's being opinionated

& not wanting a conversation with opinionated folk isn't being a 'wet blanket' it's 'not wanting a conversation with the opinionated'

anyways, have a nice day

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Patriot Sport
18 Posts
can anyone advise the best way to see if my Patriot came with remote start without the obvious remote start key fob?

asking as our Pat seems quite hi-spec (Overland) but came with only one key fob, which also looks like a cheap non gen/ oem one
Press the lock button 2 to 3 times. Usually that does the trick on Jeeps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts