Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
As per title, please.
Need to repair scuffs n scratches. They're not surface light scratches, not deep and gouged either.

Seen a lot of vids where all sorts of kits or products are recommended. Confusing.
So looking for fellow Pat owners who have actually used a product, to rescind l recommend it please - if it was good 馃榿

Registered
As per title, please.
Need to repair scuffs n scratches. They're not surface light scratches, not deep and gouged either.

Seen a lot of vids where all sorts of kits or products are recommended. Confusing.
So looking for fellow Pat owners who have actually used a product, to rescind l recommend it please - if it was good 馃榿
Upol Dolphin glaze 馃憤 just the ticket for repairing scuffs in paint on bumpers and bodywork.
As per title, please.

When it comes to 'Metal loaded' epoxy putties for filling metal surfaces you can't beat Devcon products. Check out their aluminium putty 馃憤
Paint... I'd recommend a 2 pack high build primer, then a solvent base coat to the colour of your choice then a HS (high solids) 2 pack clear coat. If you're doing the whole wheel its worth adding some 'flex' additive to the clear coat.. will make it more resilient and resist stone chips.
All depends how far you want to go with this repair.... The above gets expensive..
You can now buy 2 pack paints in a spray can that reduces the equipment needed to apply. 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry Paul, my dumb, but when you say Dolphin then Devcon - they are both fillers? And, what about Isopon Aluminium Repair Filler?

Registered
Sorry Paul, my dumb, but when you say Dolphin then Devcon - they are both fillers? And, what about Isopon Aluminium Repair Filler?
ahh Sorry
Ahh no worries sorry I wasn't very clear... Upol Dolphin glaze is a very fine 'paint on' 2 pack filler which is great to use on small imperfections and scruffs in bodywork paint it will work on alloy wheels also.
Devcon is an engineering grade of filler with very good mechanical properties. So if you had a good chunk out of the edge of a wheel rim then I'd recommend that (if welding wasn't an option) this isn't easy to sand and isn't fast to cure.
The isopon stuff is good and is aluminium 'loaded' (aluminium powder mixed in) this is also intended for deeper scratches in metal of the wheels..
Can you post some images of the damage you're looking to repair?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts