Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Patriot 4x4 with a manual transmission. Since the first time I went on a road with a loaded hatch, the rear end could not keep the vehicle level. It got so bad that at times I would get brights flashed at me at night, because the headlights are pointing up. I had to adjust the headlights. Last year I installed new strut/springs from a 2011 Latitude model, which were roughly just over an inch taller. After these settled in, the rear was about 1" below the front. This summer, I rebuilt the entire rear suspension(new control arms, trailing arms, etc) because of this issue as well as super worn bushings and rust issues. Low and behold, now my rear end is 1 1/2" lower, and the camber is way off.
I have decided not to loose this battle as the vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition and in a handful of years it will be my son's first car. I asked Stu if he would sell just the rear springs, and received no reply, I asked Daystar if they would sell the rear spacers and also was ghosted. I have put a few hundred into this and don't it to get out of hand, and the front end is great and firm. The rear springs are just weak noodles and they have to go. I found King Springs in Austrailia, and they sell front or rear separately at normal height or raised(30-40mm) and also claim a much firmer spring. Got them yesterday, in less than a week, and will be installing this weekend. I will share pictures if anyone is interested, as it seems this is a common issue. Also, if anyone need rear springs as they are better than stock and only 1 year of use, let me know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2009 Patriot 4x4 with a manual transmission. Since the first time I went on a road with a loaded hatch, the rear end could not keep the vehicle level. It got so bad that at times I would get brights flashed at me at night, because the headlights are pointing up. I had to adjust the headlights. Last year I installed new strut/springs from a 2011 Latitude model, which were roughly just over an inch taller. After these settled in, the rear was about 1" below the front. This summer, I rebuilt the entire rear suspension(new control arms, trailing arms, etc) because of this issue as well as super worn bushings and rust issues. Low and behold, now my rear end is 1 1/2" lower, and the camber is way off.
I have decided not to loose this battle as the vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition and in a handful of years it will be my son's first car. I asked Stu if he would sell just the rear springs, and received no reply, I asked Daystar if they would sell the rear spacers and also was ghosted. I have put a few hundred into this and don't it to get out of hand, and the front end is great and firm. The rear springs are just weak noodles and they have to go. I found King Springs in Austrailia, and they sell front or rear separately at normal height or raised(30-40mm) and also claim a much firmer spring. Got them yesterday, in less than a week, and will be installing this weekend. I will share pictures if anyone is interested, as it seems this is a common issue. Also, if anyone need rear springs as they are better than stock and only 1 year of use, let me know.
[/QUO
I replaced my rear struts(only) last year(2009 Patriot). When I did my price research it said it was recommended to replace the whole coil-over unit including the springs. I did not. Everything seemed fine, until I parked next to my Mom's new Patriot(2017). The 2009 sits two inches lower in the rear. It all works fine, but I seem to have a "Low-rider". It would have saved a ton of effort to do the whole coil-over, but I am used to just replacing the struts on cars. Yes, they have very weak rear springs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts