Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I recently replaced my 2016 Jeep Patriot air filter with this WIX filter: https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...4/v/a/130121/automotive-suv-2015-jeep-patriot

Everything went fine, but a couple days later I started getting a rattling noise. I re-did everything and the noise only went away for a day or so.

I also noticed that the 10mm bolt on the air box cap, which holds the bracket connecting to the shock tower, is spinning/stripped. This specific part here:

Would anyone know whether it might be due to the stripped bolt, or if I should replace the filter again with OEM or K&N?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,321 Posts
It's doubtful that the air filter itself would cause a rattle, since it's a pretty soft item. It's most likely that stripped bolt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's doubtful that the air filter itself would cause a rattle, since it's a pretty soft item. It's most likely that stripped bolt.
Ah good point, I appreciate the input. I’ll see if I could get it out and replace it. If you have any other solutions I am all ears. Thanks!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts