Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Patriot with 70k on it. Yesterday the radio had no sound. I tried a few different stations with the same result. Changing the volume made not difference either. I assumed an amp problem, but when I put in a CD it was fine. Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm not very good at searching this forum, so any links are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I have a 2012 Patriot with 70k on it. Yesterday the radio had no sound. I tried a few different stations with the same result. Changing the volume made not difference either. I assumed an amp problem, but when I put in a CD it was fine. Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm not very good at searching this forum, so any links are appreciated.
My 2011 Patriot just started the same problem
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

·
Registered
2012 Patriot Sport 4x2
27 Posts
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares
I'm experiencing the same, Aux & CD audio works great, but no sound for AM FM...
I'm in a 2012, is this an antenna connection issue?

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,268 Posts
If there's lots of static, then it's probably an antenna issue. If there's no sound at all, it's time for a new radio.

·
Registered
2012 Patriot Sport 4x2
27 Posts
If there's lots of static, then it's probably an antenna issue. If there's no sound at all, it's time for a new radio.
The radio seeks and finds the stations perfectly, just no sound from each station. Perfect sound from CD & Aux. Sounds like it might be time for a pick 'n pull visit for a replacement radio 😅

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I'm experiencing the same, Aux & CD audio works great, but no sound for AM FM...
I'm in a 2012, is this an antenna connection issue?
We understand why this may be concerning. We suggest having your dealer inspect this concern if you have not done so already. We are also available via private message if you would like any additional assistance during that process.

Alison
JeepCares

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Add me to the list of Patriot owners experiencing this issue.
Hi there!

If you decide to get your concerns properly diagnosed by your Jeep dealer and would like additional assistance, please feel free to send our team a private message! We'd be happy to look into it for you.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi there!

If you decide to get your concerns properly diagnosed by your Jeep dealer and would like additional assistance, please feel free to send our team a private message! We'd be happy to look into it for you.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Sigh. I wish I could afford dealer service. Too much of a premium added on to go there. That's why I'm here on this forum trying to find a solution on my own. Looks like this is a common problem - is there a recall that covers it?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Sigh. I wish I could afford dealer service. Too much of a premium added on to go there. That's why I'm here on this forum trying to find a solution on my own. Looks like this is a common problem - is there a recall that covers it?
Good afternoon Gary,

You can find more information about any recalls that may be apply to your vehicle if you head over to Lookup FCA Vehicle Recalls by VIN | Official Mopar® Site. You'll simply input your VIN and the site will explain in more detail the importance of this recall and what it addresses.

I hope this helps!

Courtney
Jeep Cares

1 - 14 of 14 Posts