Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have a 2011 Jeep Patriot that comes with the touch screen UConnect RBZ radio. Based on research online, posts from JeepPatriot.com, and the tech at my local dealer, this radio is capable of receiving input for a backup camera. I have a backup camera and the harness that connects the yellow video line to the back of the radio. I saw there's a device online called OBD Genie that you plug into your OBDII port to essentially program it yourself, but the device was $130 and the dealer wanted $100 for the programming, plus, I figured the dealer would definitely be able to do it and this aftermarket device was a gamble.

Well, sadly, the dealer did the job and after going back and forth with them the resolution is that the manager is going to look into why it didn't work, and they still have my $100.

The question I have for techs is this. The dealership programmed in the Sales Code XACA to the radio. That did nothing and the screen does not react when the vehicle is put into Reverse gear. However, the instructions on JeepPatriot.com say to program it with the codes XAC and XRV. I showed the tech this and he said he explained that XRV is for Screen/DVD players on the rear seats only. I asked him if he could try adding the XRV code anyway, and he said "it won't let him do it". I feel like that's not true and he was just getting frustrated with my persistence. He even admitted they had a hard time figuring out which code to use. The tech basically said with the XACA code it's supposed to work and it didn't. He doesn't know why.

Can anyone with experience with this weigh in? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
2,397 Posts
You should be able to program it yourself with a <$20 elm327 bluetooth OBD2 scanner, your smartphone, and the OBDJscan app.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should be able to program it yourself with a <$20 elm327 bluetooth OBD2 scanner, your smartphone, and the OBDJscan app.
Thank you so much!! This worked. So simple, I can't believe I wasted so much time sitting around at the dealership when none of the techs knew what they were doing. Now I have to fight for a refund and never step foot in that one again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts