Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Jeep Patriot 4x4 awd
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2013 Jeep Patriot that is AWD/4x4 manual transmission T-355 well I was playing in the mud and went a little too hard on her.... the rear wheels weren’t moving (no power)while the front wheels were spinning only when I dropped tranny clutch plate had a dent on the finger flex center of clutch and slave cylinder was damaged wasn’t getting any pressure to clutch pedal.....changed clutch and when driving it felt like it was dragging/pulling something then stopped once again in a cloud of smoke and wouldn’t go in gear (catch gear) k with that being said I was thinking the PTU is bad then I research and learn there a clutch in the rear differential any one have this similar problem..... TIA

·
Super Moderator
8,668 Posts
I try to sell PTU fluid changes on a regular basis. Nobody is ever interested in them. I even bought a fluid evacuater expecting people to be interested. Shame on ford for deleting the drain plug on these things.
Ford? This is a Jeep site . . . Just sayin'.

·
Registered
833 Posts
an evacuator? what even is that? you drain from the drain hole and then fill from the fill hole on both PTU and RDU. Easy as pie.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts