Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting political calls and polls from his campaign. What are your thoughts, vote stealing from the democratic party .... a help to Trump's re-election? As an independent would you support him as the self modeled moderate? Problems with him being a billionaire that some say is trying to buy a presidential seat? Tired of the two party system and if so is he a solution?

·
8,125 Posts
First I heard of the guy. I'll give him a look-see.

IMO most politicians could be replaced with better people chosen at random from the phone book.

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,557 Posts
If he's actually got the people in mind rather than just trademark Democrat stuff, he could do well. Probably the only real threat to a second term for our beloved Trumpy bear. Heck, he might be able to make a wall happen easier than Trump could, if the poster Democrats aren't busy spending every waking moment thinking of some way to make him suffer for keeping Liz Warren or Hillary or whoever they put up out of office.

·
8,125 Posts
Every night at bedtime Donald Trump prays that Elizabeth Warren will run.

I've pretty much avoided TV most of my adult life. I watched the first space shuttle (frantically hooked up the TV the morning after we moved into our first house). I watched the royal wedding (Chuck & Diana), and I've watched a few Super Bowls at friends' houses. So no, I hadn't heard of Shultz Don't really care for the coffee (a/k/a Charbucks), but its obviously a successful operation.

I don't know if an independent could win, but he's got a better chance now than ever before. Worst case scenario, the election would go to the House so that would mean the Democrat would win, even with a mere fraction of the vote. If Schultz ran as a Democrat, he might win the nomination. Cf. my post above, almost anyone would be a better choice than the Democrats that seem to be lining up. Trump probably has the Republican nomination sewed up, but I think most Democrats would prefer a fresh face -- Schultz could be it.

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope in my life I do.
In his case he would take the moderate votes, independent votes, democratic votes, and centrist.
Would be nice for the democratic party to implode - the GOP to abandon Trump and also self implode, leaving him or someone similar to fill in the gaps in a 3 way win.

It is highly plausible unless the democrats and republicans collude together .... which has been known to happen to stay in control of our sham of a political system.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,557 Posts
Trump is the Republican nominee by default because he's the incumbent POTUS, if my understanding is correct. Honestly this Starbucks guy could easily take away voters from crazies like Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton if they tried again, as well as moderate Trump supporters willing to believe anything the half-baked "news" throws at them if it sounds plausible enough. Which really, I think President Trump is doing a pretty good job considering how many people in so many high places are dedicating this portion of their lives exclusively to causing trouble for him. And I believe this media/Democrat dedication to smearing him at all costs is going to be his biggest hurdle in getting past "Captain Starbucks" for 2020. Though for all we know, the media and everybody might try just as hard to smear Cap Starbucks as well, just to get their own candidate in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts