Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured if anybody's up for it, might be a decent idea to post any prayer requests we're willing to share up on here. I know not everybody will want to partake, and if that be your choice, so be it. 1st Amendment says you have that choice, and so does the Bible. But for those like myself, 4WDPatriot, and other Christian folk, a thread for prayer requests can be a pretty good idea.

I'd like to start with the fact that, if I read the message I got right, this will be my last post on here for maybe a week or two, as my wifi will evidently be taken offline tomorrow. However, I start work at Discount Tire within the week, so I should be getting back online relatively soon. Also, my brother and his wife will have their son no later than Tuesday, the 8th of April, 2014. I would imagine the little shaver's getting pretty cramped in there. Thanks for the prayers, and I'll be back on when I can.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I went to my sons school this weekend for an event they put on, kind of like a father/son day. They provided breakfast, and before we ate, they actually blessed the food. I told the teacher that I was thankful for her doing that for all to hear.

One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. So many people forget that this country was founded under God. Not allah, not kalima, not who ever else. You are free to worship who you will, but if you don't like the fact we believe in Jesus Christ, you can politely take your butt back where you came from. :)

I'd like to ask for prayers for my Oldest son who can't seem to keep his head out of his butt crack. He's been through so much, as a result of his poor decision making skills. Now he has a chance to make it, and his new girlfriend is taking priority over his future. Please pray for Michael, that faith will find it's way into his heart, so he can focus on what's most important.

·
Seriously Addicted
4,074 Posts
My name is Michael too.. I'll pray that he finds the direction that he needs. My older brother had the same issues. He went off to college and got into drugs and alcohol. He was eventually kicked out of school due to grades. One day he decided he wanted to start going to church. Things were bumpy but he eventually met his wife and has a great career as a Paramedic.

I'm sure your son Michael will find his path and I know that God will find his way to get through to him. He always has found a way to find me.

Good luck Rosso starting the new job with Discount Tire. They seem to be a great company and I will always be buying my tires / wheels from them in the future. Praying for you and your family. April 8th happens to be my grandfathers 91st birthday.

·
Premium Member
10,961 Posts
One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. So many people forget that this country was founded under God. Not allah, not kalima, not who ever else. You are free to worship who you will, but if you don't like the fact we believe in Jesus Christ, you can politely take your butt back where you came from. :)
Seen this thread and I wanted to stay out of here but this section of your post is completely false. This nation is secular and was created as a secular nation and the "under god" was not added until 1954, 60 years ago due to the fears from the cold war. Please do not distort reality with false information, it tends to confuse the general populous.

Edward Bellamy's original Pledge read as follows from 1892-1954:

I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

http://www.ushistory.org/documents/pledge.htm

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Please remember that it is: "....one nation under god,..." there's no comma after nation, so say it as a single 4 word phrase.

When I'm asked to lead the pledge, I do a little instruction first as above. You'll be surprised how many organizations pick up on this, including the "other service club" across town...

·
Premium Member
10,961 Posts
Please remember that it is: "....one nation under god,..." there's no comma after nation, so say it as a single 4 word phrase.

When I'm asked to lead the pledge, I do a little instruction first as above. You'll be surprised how many organizations pick up on this, including the "other service club" across town...
You are correct Jack.

In 1954, in response to the Communist threat of the times, President Eisenhower encouraged Congress to add the words "under God," creating the 31-word pledge we say today. Bellamy's daughter objected to this alteration. Today it reads:

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Seen this thread and I wanted to stay out of here but this section of your post is completely false. This nation is secular and was created as a secular nation and the "under god" was not added until 1954, 60 years ago due to the fears from the cold war. Please do not distort reality with false information, it tends to confuse the general populous.
Croat is correct about the pledge, but there is no arguing with the Declaration of Independance:

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/declaration_transcript.html

·
7,758 Posts
"under god" was not added until 1954, 60 years ago due to the fears from the cold war.
The proverb says "there are no atheists in foxholes." Even truer when the whole country is a foxhole.

RossoRacer, good luck with the new job, and prayers for your upcoming nephew.

·
Premium Member
10,961 Posts
Indeed, and it was versed the way it was to not indicate one particular god or creator. The founding fathers and that document very loosely hinted at some sort of spirituality and were definitely not atheists/nihilists by any means however only hinted at some form of higher being. This nation was never founded as nor intended as a "christian" nation.

With that being said and cleared up I'll duck out now and let y'all continue with your prayers and well wishes. Bless you all and remember to only think and do positive/good things upon others despite their religion. We have a very good down to earth priest at my church whom lives by this whom reminds all parishioners from time to time that we are all human, are all created by, and will end with the same creator - so be good to all regardless of which path they choose to take.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts