Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Brand new here looking for some help. I came up empty on all searches in here & on google but somebody has to know something about power driver seat motors.

2017 high altitude jeep patriot the front-back adjustment for the driver seat has stopped working.

The seat has a 6 position switch to give adjustment in 3 directions: (1) forward/backward, (2) high/low position, and (3) angle of the bottom of seat. Back of the seat moves via manual lever. Directions 2 & 3 still work fine, full range. But forward stopped working out of nowhere. Backward was working until I unplugged the wiring to the seat and the little motor that moves the seat this direction. When I plugged back in, it no longer moves backward.

One more clue: when I hit the switch for forward, absolutely nothing happens, even looking at the little motor nothing moves, so I think it could be the switch. But, when I hit the switch for backward I can see the motor move a tiny little bit, and it makes a quiet thud as if it has reached the max adjustment for backwards, but I can tell that it hasn't. There is plenty of room for the seat to move back more, just looks like the motor is jammed or stuck but still getting the signal to move. The gears it rides on are clear of any debris that I could possibly see or feel. Any ideas on a reset for these electronics? replacement motors? The car is really new, wife got it last fall (October 2017) only 12k on it. There's a plastic cover over the electronics I am afraid to break it. Also it's a lease but i have no idea if this would be covered. Any help is really appreciated. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Only 4 bolts hold the seat down--I'd suggest removing these, lay the whole seat ass'y back and then look at the operation of the mechanics. (While you're there, note how easy the seat bottoms come out for repair/replacement)

You just might find something loose jammed into the works. I have the same model, and have had no problems--as yet!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts