Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a slight issue with my 2.2 CRD not starting and a helpful motorist helped me to start the car using a portable jump starter. I found one that looks the same but wonder if you can help me out.

First my battery says CCA (EN) - 715, CCA (SAE) - 700 and AH (EN/SAE) - 50.

The portable starter I'm looking at says 900 Amps peak/400 Amps booster starting power, 12v 17Ah

I don't understand the difference between the peak and non-peak figures. Would it be any use to keep in case of emergencies?

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Yes, this will work just fine--remember to check the charge on it from time to time. Normally, when you need a jump, your battery isn't totally dead, so the auxiliary battery will still work quite well. As in any jump situation, connect the jumper cables and wait a few minutes for trying to start--this allows the supplemental battery to re-energize the car battery a tad. I've keep one of these in my garage, and with the 2,000 watt invertor I have, it will power the cable box and one TV for about 4 hors...

Harbor freight has these on special this month (or week?) for less than $40. Try and buy a pain gel cel battery of 17ah for that...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jack.

The one I've seen is £30 (about $40 give or take due to the exchange rate) and could save me a couple of hours waiting for the recovery truck. I'll grab one and give it a good charge and set a reminder on my phone to give it a boost every few months

1 - 3 of 3 Posts