Jeep Patriot Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using the number for the first gear of the transmission by the "axle" ratio it looks like the new tranny gives the 2014 auto a 17.35:1 crawl ratio. I was pleasantly surprised by this number and maybe someone else will be, too.

(Please post only pro 6-spd related comments as this topic does not refer to any other combination)

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first one got axed as it went too far off-topic.

·
Angry Riot
1,035 Posts
Oh I see haha, I just keep seeing a new one daily was curious (it killed the cat):p carry on
Edit: also putting linked references would be cool I know those numbers are correct but to new people if they had references may help more, and maybe a comparison to the CVT just an idea

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Why so serious?
1,732 Posts
it looks like the new tranny gives the 2014 auto a 17.35:1 crawl ratio. I was pleasantly surprised by this number and maybe someone else will be, too.
So....are you "pleasantly surprised" or is it a disappointing number? You have me confused as you claimed in an earlier post:

CVT FDii owners taut their 19:1 "crawl ratio" as something to crow about. I have said it before and I will say it again: in the world where crawl ratios matter that is not a very good number.
(Please post only pro 6-spd related comments as this topic does not refer to any other combination)
Yeah, we wouldn't want to talk poorly of other drive choices. ;)

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Oh Bondi. It is possible to be pleasantly surprised about the crawl ratio of a vehicle and still realize that "in the world where crawl ratios matter that is not a very good number" at the same time. The MK was not designed as an extreme crawler and crawl ratios in that realm often exceed triple digits...which renders any available MK crawl ratio "not a very good number" when viewed with that in mind. :icon_rolleyes:

Please quit dragging my topics off-topic and refrain from posting in them at all. You had to have read my request before taking this post down that road as you even quoted it. If you do not like my posts just don't read them. It is a very simple matter.

·
Why so serious?
1,732 Posts
You have been your own demise in your threads constantly drumming up attention for your beloved transmission while simultaneously demeaning other options. You had to know that posting, yet again, on this topic would draw this sort of notice...hell, look at the first person who replied wondering how many times you were going to bring this crap up. All forums stray to tangent conversations and directions you may not want them to go, and guess what, I'm not going anywhere. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.