Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Patriot for a while now and have the Boston Audio sound system with the dropdown tailgate speaker. When I take the key out of the ignition the stereo goes off. All well and good but if I want to sit out on a picnic and listen to some music from the dropdown speaker I wouldn't want to be leaving the keys in the ignition. Am I missing something?

·
Mopar or no car!!!
1,719 Posts
Just a thought...

Maybe buy a cheap eBay or locksmith Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge key. Have it cut to match your key but don't program it This way you can use it turn your ignition on.

This new "dummy key" will turn on your radio and other electronics in the Jeep but will not fully start your Jeep so you don't have to worry about someone jumping in and driving away if that's your concern.

Those keys can be had on eBay for about $12 or less maybe. I think I paid about $12-13 for mine and ended up programming it. I might get another so I can safely do that without getting my Jeep stolen! lol

·
Major Modificator
498 Posts
Wallet key is the way to go! I always keep one on me incase I lock the real key inside. You could open the hatch, put the wallet key in the ignition, then close the doors and lock it with your keyless entry.

·
Mopar or no car!!!
1,719 Posts
^^^ Bingo! That's perfect!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts