Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so the Leak Specilists could not find a leak.. meantime, I m vacumming wwater out of the back floorboard even on days it doesnt rain (The Patriot is holding it somewhere) Other then CarComplaints.com and Chrysler who really do not care where can I complain too? I found several people with my leak problem about the above website. Its a shame too because I founds hundreds of other cars with engine and transmission problems yet the only patriot problem is with leaks.. oh and one spontaneously combusted one time but that was probably a fluke!!
If I cant get a class action started well how about a massive complaint drive to Chrysler and the NTSB or COnsumer Product Agency?

They really make me mad telling me they would pay for it as a "goodwill gesture" then reniggin on me... THEY KNOW THESE CARS LEAK AND THEY KNOW IT IS THERE FAULT!!!

·
Registered
731 Posts
All I can say is get rid of it. Chrysler don't seem to care and probably because the patriot is done in 2012. Since no one got hurt or killed because of a water leak no consumer group or anyone else gives a hoot about it. I've said before the patriot is a great idea but poorly executed.

·
POTM November 2008
8,921 Posts
This will sound crazy to most, but I wish mine leaked just because I'm Really really really curious what the cause is.

The main reason people are having problems getting this cured is there are no real fix-it guys working in car dealer shops. An automotive "technician" simply follows a flow chart and does what the computer tells him to do. A real mechanic has the curiosity of a cat and the deductive reasoning skills of Shurlock Holmes. (and does not need a computer)

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
A real mechanic has the curiosity of a cat and the deductive reasoning skills of Shurlock Holmes. (and does not need a computer)
And also has unlimitted time to spend solving it, not at $70 an hour.

·
POTM November 2008
8,921 Posts
And also has unlimitted time to spend solving it, not at $70 an hour.
Isn't "solving it" more important than attempting and failing? Id rather explain the price than the quality. (besides this is warranty work and Chrysler reimburses the dealer anyway)

·
Registered
144 Posts
bbb.org

i wrote letters to motor trend, car and driver, automobile, road and track...

·
Registered
290 Posts
where is it leaking?

i took my car to the car wash, and saw the light in the trunk got full of water. so i took it again, just to see what happened. and i saw a few drops fall, right when the water was on top of the car at that time. I think it might be the roof rack. When it gets wormer outside i will check with a hose. If the roof rack is the problem, you can probably just seal it yourself.

by the way, my patriot is a 2 month old 2010. I will go to the dealership and flip out on them like i've done before. Make sure that all the customers hear what i'm saying. That seems to work. Specially if you bought 3 cars from them before.

But the leak is not that bad. If it rains extremely hard, i might get 2 or 3 drops of water. But i'm woried about the cables that are in there and i dont want to get mold under my roof.

·
Registered
264 Posts
make a good reasoned complaint at consumerist dot com

The consumerist site comes up with creative ways to fix issues that companies try to gloss over.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts