Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 2011 Patriot last Friday. Had ordered it from local dealership on 10/30 and then left for Florida the next day. Car was delivered to dealership in early December and held until I returned from Florida for the holidays.

Traded in my 2008 Patriot (96,000 miles) for the 2011 and am very pleased with the upgrades in the 2011. Love the new interior, lower body cladding, new front and rear details. The ride is significantly improved (not that I didn't like the ride of the 2008). Can tell that the height is up about an inch. Had the dealership pull of the hitch from the 08 and had them install it on the new Patriot yesterday. Was the first hitch installation for the dealership on the new design 2011's and they took their time to make sure it was done correctly and neatly. I really think the hitch looks better installed on the new Patriot than it did on the '08.

I've put about 200 miles on the new truck since picking it up and think the trip back to Florida for the rest of the winter will be fun in the new vehicle.

Oh - Latitude X, FDII, sun and sound, tow prep, REQ, CVT, bright silver, security and convenience.

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
Very cool, you'll have to post some photos when you can.

So the '11 FDII is higher than the 08 FDII?? I sure would like another inch or two of clearance. I still hit bottom often, and might help with not getting high-centered in the snow.

·
Registered
229 Posts
yes please post some photos of what the dealership did with the hitch.

Also, have you noticed a difference in the tailgate weight? My 2011 closes with a lot less force then the 2010 did. What was the 2008 like?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts