Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'17 Harley-Davidson Street Rod. 750cc of v-twin American power

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,554 Posts
Very nice. Harley-Davidson definitely has that legacy behind it, though I hear they're not what they used to be in terms of quality, and that the parts aren't made in this country anymore. Even so, they're still tempting, but I'd probably look at a Victory first if I end up looking at motorcycles.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Very nice. Harley-Davidson definitely has that legacy behind it, though I hear they're not what they used to be in terms of quality, and that the parts aren't made in this country anymore. Even so, they're still tempting, but I'd probably look at a Victory first if I end up looking at motorcycles.
Says the guy driving a Jeep made by Chrysler.........
We live in a global economy. When it comes to HD, the frame, engine, and transmission are 100% american made from American parts. The lights, front forks, and a bunch of the chrome trim are made in Asia.
Harley Davidson still has the the absolute best fit and finish of any motorcycle out there. No other manufacturer goes through the process of hiding tank welds and using the quality of paint and other coatings that HD does. Go to the dealerships and look at them. Then wonder why a Yamaha costs nearly the same money (sometimes more) for comparable motorcycle when the tank has visible welds and seams, gaps between the tank/seat/fender, etc. If everything on the bike were made in America the bike would cost 40K. Then who would buy them?

OP: enjoy your ride and be safe. Your bike is the sportster design with Eric Buell's contributions now that Buell no longer exists.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,554 Posts
77-78% of the Patriot is made in USA. Not the best number, but high enough to be proud of. Wasn't trying to be mean about the bike, and you don't need to assume that I was.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Better hurry. They are stopping production.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Says the guy driving a Jeep made by Chrysler.........
We live in a global economy. When it comes to HD, the frame, engine, and transmission are 100% american made from American parts. The lights, front forks, and a bunch of the chrome trim are made in Asia.
Harley Davidson still has the the absolute best fit and finish of any motorcycle out there. No other manufacturer goes through the process of hiding tank welds and using the quality of paint and other coatings that HD does. Go to the dealerships and look at them. Then wonder why a Yamaha costs nearly the same money (sometimes more) for comparable motorcycle when the tank has visible welds and seams, gaps between the tank/seat/fender, etc. If everything on the bike were made in America the bike would cost 40K. Then who would buy them?

OP: enjoy your ride and be safe. Your bike is the Sportster design with Eric Buell's contributions now that Buell no longer exists.
It's not a Sportster. It's not related to the Buell either. It's an all new bike that is aimed at a different market of entry-level riders.
https://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-reviews/harley-davidson/2016-2018-harley-davidson-street-500-street-750-ar171008.html

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not a Sportster. It's not related to the Buell either. It's an all new bike that is aimed at a different market of entry-level riders.
https://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-reviews/harley-davidson/2016-2018-harley-davidson-street-500-street-750-ar171008.html
It's part of the Street line, but a separate bike from the 500 and 750. The Street Rod was new for 2017, the Streets have been around since like 2014 . The engine is turned up (actual internal differences), suspension and brakes were redesigned, and ground clearance and lean angles were increased.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Street 500 and 750 had known quality issues. The Street Rod doesn't have those issues (this coming from forums and magazines and such who have actually reviewed both models). I haven't noticed any quality issues with it. Although with the engine running, it is damn near impossible to find neutral

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,554 Posts
Better hurry. They are stopping production.
I think it's already been stopped because of all the hubbub about Indian motorcycles, which frankly I hadn't even heard of until they started making that brand again. Would probably be getting a used bike anyway. I don't know how far the feds have stuck their noses into regulating them, though I'm sure you guys would know. Motorcycle backup cams by 2020? Some special additive or extra unnecessary toy by 2025?

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
I think it's already been stopped because of all the hubbub about Indian motorcycles, which frankly I hadn't even heard of until they started making that brand again. Would probably be getting a used bike anyway. I don't know how far the feds have stuck their noses into regulating them, though I'm sure you guys would know. Motorcycle backup cams by 2020? Some special additive or extra unnecessary toy by 2025?
Victory Motorcycles is owned by Polaris, who also owns the Indian brand. Sales were never particularly strong, and they claim they want to focus on the Indian brand. Motorcycle sales are in the tank. The "fad" crowd moved on around the time the OCC TV series stopped. They moved to campers, and now... Boats. I've been riding since I was 14. Fads aren't my thing. When I die I'll still have a bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts