Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Patriot. It starts normally often but sometimes I have nothing when i turn the key. Took it to the Jeep dealer, they replaced the skim module one time. It started about 20 times then stranded me again. Went back next day and it started right up, took it back to the shop and they replaced some wire. It started for a bit but now it is doing the same thing. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Check the relay box below the battery, and grounds in the engine bay.

Does it throw any codes when it won't start? Make any noises?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the relay box below the battery, and grounds in the engine bay.

Does it throw any codes when it won't start? Make any noises?
They checked the relays and grounds supposedly. There is some electrical noise, they didn't tell me if it showed any codes. I talked to another mechanic and he said it's a security issue. I don't know

·
Super Moderator
4,875 Posts
I have a 2009 Patriot. It starts normally often but sometimes I have nothing when i turn the key. Took it to the Jeep dealer, they replaced the skim module one time. It started about 20 times then stranded me again. Went back next day and it started right up, took it back to the shop and they replaced some wire. It started for a bit but now it is doing the same thing. Any help or suggestions appreciated.
Was the key checked? Maybe a bad chip in the key, or a bad/low battery?

Do you have another key you can try?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts