• Other

Votes: 67 5.6%

• Total voters
541 - 560 of 577 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
FAILED MISERABLY!!!!!

Has another swimming pool session this morning. ALl this only started after I did an electronic reset of the sunroof.

Not sure that is really the problem though or just conicidence.

Going to get a 'squeezy bottle now and some silicon tube, and tyry and push whatever is causing the problem through the drain. I did see some evidence of water down the foot panel left side front passenger seat. I am thinking that this drainage tube may be the prblem....................he says hopefully. Got the dome light out and loads of kitchen toll stuffed in to the roof space at present.

This is England and a Bank Holiday weekend so bound to have a torrential rain storm or 10 :)

·
Registered
849 Posts
save yourself the headache GET A NEW SEAL its about 70 bucks, I think you said yours is 6 years old. mine was leakless for its first 4 years, I spent a year trying to correct it, breaking down and buying a new seal fixed it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
save yourself the headache GET A NEW SEAL its about 70 bucks, I think you said yours is 6 years old. mine was leakless for its first 4 years, I spent a year trying to correct it, breaking down and buying a new seal fixed it.
That might be the issue for some, but mine was leaking within a week of purchasing it brand new in 2009.. and I continue to experience problems. One of the most frustrating nuisances I've ever had to deal with.

-Mike

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hooray, fixed it :) :)

Trawled the internet and the suggestion was to push down some thin and fairly flexible rod such as an outer speedometer cable or thick 'strimmer' wire.

Had an old coax tv cable, fairly small bore, cut the ends off and also a cat5 cable and cut those ends off. Pushed up the cables as far as possible on the rear drain exits, which isn't more than a few inches. Opened the sunroof and pushed down the cables in the front drain tubes.

As has been noted the left one went direct to the bulkhead without a problem. The right one? Obviously this is another car where they fitted the drain tube around another obstacle in the pillar, causing a tight bend. Only managed about 15 inches before the cable hit and obstruction and would not move. However, after the usual summer/spring rain here in the UK :) :) I checked the dome light and lovely and dry. The kitchen roll stuffed in the roof space was also dry. Checking the drainage channels, the water drained lovely down the drain tubes:)

A happy bunny I am now:)

Also had an exhaust check on the car as thought it was getting 'noisey'. NO problems found there so another £315 saved:) Even happier bunny. (Jeep want £1455 for an exhaust...........YES that is correct, for an exhaust!!......I was going the fabricated route as previously stated in another post ages ago) (Only just got round to thinking about it as I do such a small mileage each year.

Now for the yearly MOT test next Tuesday.

Using my crystal ball, I foresee no problems:)

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Over the weekend I discovered the front passenger floor was soaked in the 2015 Patriot. No sunroof, no evidence of door leakage and windows were closed. Only 180 miles on this Jeep.
Hello priell3,

I am sorry to hear about this and was unable to find a service bulletin related to this issue. Please private message me your VIN and contact information if you would like to pursue this concern with your FCA dealership. I am happy to assist you through this process.

Thank you,

·
Registered
622 Posts
Even after all the body work no leakes.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hello priell3,

I am sorry to hear about this and was unable to find a service bulletin related to this issue. Please private message me your VIN and contact information if you would like to pursue this concern with your FCA dealership. I am happy to assist you through this process.

Thank you,
Thanks for the offer of help.

I ran the A/C hard the other night, no signs of water and it was 100% humidity.

I noticed the rubber seal around the top corner of the door frame were out o position. I'm wondering if it diverted water from the last rain storm into the interior. We had heavy rain this morning, I'm going to check again tonight.

·
Registered
16 Posts
When getting ready for a road trip over the weekend I discovered some moisture and water around my spare tire.

Ive had the dome light drip once but this is the first issues with water in the back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No sunroof, and so far no leaks. Then again I've only had it for a month. It's been through 3 car washes and a couple heavy rains though, so....so far so good.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Took my son's Patriot to the dealer yesterday to detect and fix the ongoing leak into the front passenger floor.

They called about an hour and a half after we dropped it off and said they had been running water on it for an hour and found nothing. The kept at it. Later in the afternoon they called back and said it was fixed.

The repair order said it was sealed/re-sealed around the front cowl and re-sealed at the windshield.

It is supposed to rain this week. We shall see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
07 Pat, no sunroof, water in dome lights

My Jeep is parked upward on a sloped driveway. I'm getting water in the dome lights and major condensation on the inside of the windshield. I've temporarily scotch taped the top outside windshield to body joint; that didn't help.

I notice the body to windshield side gasketing is somewhat loose so I definitely see a water path from the top corners of the windshield/body joint down along the side of the windshield. ( I'd want to silicone this up only as a last resort). I just can't see how it would run uphill to get into the lights. I'd appreciate any insight to this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
re

After a very heavy rain this spring, water began pouring out of the map light as I drove. The car is now back at the dealer for a third attempt at a repair, after two subsequent rain/leaking events.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the map light leak one day. I read on the forums that you can basically snake a line of 0.8 or smaller weed-eater line down the sunroof drains to clear any clogs. I did that and haven't had any leaks since. I also opened up that light and dried everything out with shop towels and a blow dryer just to make sure I don't end up with mold or anything.

That was a few weeks ago. Since then I drove it to Utah, and camped overnight in snowy conditions (got about 3 inches of snow overnight). So far, so good. Haven't seen any other leaking. I'll just cross my fingers and knock on wood now. ;p

541 - 560 of 577 Posts