Votes: 128 10.7%
  • Other

Votes: 67 5.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 577 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Well I got the front dome light leak. What's the cause of this? Sunroof?

·
POTM June 08
1,247 Posts
Mine is dry as a bone...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I got the front dome light leak. What's the cause of this? Sunroof?
If you're not sure, just check the 'roof leak other than sunroof' selection.

My hope is that all owners here will respond so we can get a reasonable cross section of the Patriot population. If the numbers are significant, I will do what I can to get this info to Nardelli's office. I think he would be very interested in the responses (both good and bad) when they number in the thousands.

Plus, I want to help nip this problem in the bud, if it really is a problem.

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Thanks for this survey, I think it will be very helpful to see where the problems are and also see the percentage ratio. My lil guy is dry and I keep it outside. We have a one car garage and my wife's Camry has the place of honor, but my Jeep is tough and actually likes it out there!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Mine had been going strong for 6 months and then... the dome light filled up with water and dumped it all over the center stack. :(

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Uh oh. I don't like the sound of THAT!

·
Registered
783 Posts
My rear cargo light leaked. Dealership seems to think they found the issue - something with a plug or cup? The paperwork is at home, and I am far, far away. :) They wound up pulling down my headliner and cleaning it for me, and pulling the water out of the cargo carpet.

My Jeep has spent the last week and a half sitting outside at my loal airport - with a tupperware container strategically placed, just in case. Hopefully they did fix it. :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
The first use of my sunroof was after a heavy rain. I opened it, put the car in reverse, stepped on the go pedal and was rewarded with a cold shower. I was very concerned having read of similar problems in this forum. I could not find anything wrong with the car and concluded it was standing water on the roof which would not have been a problem had I backed out of the driveway prior to opening the sunroof. This was June '07 and has not happened since so I checked "No leaks" in the poll.

·
Registered
293 Posts
No leaks in mine. I have a 2007 sport w/o the sunroof and I park mine outdoors at night, in a parking garage while at work M-F during the day.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Just experienced a leak this morning. This is the 2nd time I'll have my Patriot back to the dealer for the leaking sunroof issue.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Aftermarket sunroof = no leaks.
Haven't noticed anything else.

Although I park under a carport, only have 2500 miles and we are experiencing a drought.
I do use the laser car wash, and have been dry on the other end of it.

I am very suprised and saddened at the # who are having problems.
This must be the 'flappen hood' of 2008.
Now we just need a youtube video.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Just experienced a leak this morning. This is the 2nd time I'll have my Patriot back to the dealer for the leaking sunroof issue.
What did they say was wrong with it the first time, and what did they do to (not?) fix it?

·
Registered
52 Posts
No leaks...had it since April/07...FDII...I did get the sirus radio w/mine...I didn't know if there is a wire that goes from this antennae through the roof, following the headliner to the front of the Jeep and into the radio…Any chance this has a bad seal on some of these?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The poll suggests that about 1 out of 10 owner get water seepage of some kind. That sounds high, but there are only 63 votes so far. We need a few hundred more votes to get a more accurate picture.

·
Registered
583 Posts
My Patriot goes in for the day tomorrow so hopefully I'll find something out as to why my Patriot started leaking after 6 months of being perfectly fine...

1 - 20 of 577 Posts