Jeep Patriot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
Mine is almost 3,000 rpm at 70 mph on level road. 3,000 rpm would be just over 70 mph on the level. 2.4 FD2

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
The first leg of my mission will be to get the Pat as light as possible before I take her to the track. There is a commercial gravel scale close by that the owner lets me use and my starting GVW is 3460# including full tank of gas (minus 1 gallon), stock interior, tool bags, temporary spare tire, jack, Curt III hitch and of course the driver. It'll be interesting to see how light I can get her.

BTW, as it sits today it would technically only be rated for 1115# left over for passengers, trailer and load (according to the 4575 GVWR).

·
Registered
291 Posts
Why don't you just go out to hiway and find out how fast the son a bitch will go. Drive it and find out yourself. Very simple as long as no ticket?

·
Banned
3 Posts
Most "EXPLOSIVE" ever?!?!? Anyone who doesn't say Randy Moss is insane!!!! Rice, the best ever, by far, but what Randy did in Minnesoda makes him the most explosive. Forget about the piss poor qbs he has had to deal with in Oakland, he is definately the most explosive. If he'd get a QB anytime soon, you'd see again that he is the most explosive in his prime.

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
king angels, What are you talking about here? This is about the top speed of the Patriot, not Football. ?????????????????

·
Registered
927 Posts
Good stuff, and I understand all that, I'm just trying to level the field and get real world data, 16" tires vs 17", worn tread vs new tires, manual vs CVT, etc etc which I can use to calculate revs/mile. I'm real curious where the limiter will engage in mine in 5th gear, or will the valves start floating first. Would still like to know what speed different Pats are doing at 3000 rpms?
3000 RPM's in which gear?

·
Registered
2 Posts
top speed of Jeep Patriot 2008

I've driven mine as fast as it will go and it went 102 miles per hour roughly and it did not hit the governor it was topped out red line. I have a 2008 Jeep Patriot 2.4 liter 4 cylinder bone stock

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2008 jeep patriot, 2.4l cvt auto transmission did about 102 mph but red lined. It wouldn't go any faster. It didn't hit the governer or rev limiter. I was on the open highway with little hills.

·
Fiat Cherokar
3,129 Posts

08 FDII Patriot 225/75/16 Tires

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,680 Posts
2010 Freedom Drive 1 on mine. Once in Ohio, I had it at the 65mph speed limit on I-75, and noticed that in regular driving mode, it showed 2,000 RPMs. Switched it over to Autostick for a couple seconds out of curiosity(still had the factory P215/65R17 SR-A's on it), and it showed 2,500 RPMs. A couple years afterwards, been almost a year now, I might or might not have gotten it up to 112mph, though the exact manner in which I obtained that top speed is classified. On the quarter-mile in late 2010, I got about 17 seconds at 82mph. Taking the quarter-mile again after installing a K&N CAI and Magnaflow cat-back system, I got about 18 seconds. Probably just the computer getting used to the new parts.

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
I would race about anyone, off road in the snow. It wouldn't be about how fast you could go, but whether you could even follow me.

·
Registered
133 Posts
around 180 maybe 185 km/h for the 2.4 FD1 4X4 petrol

with my previous OED 215 6017 100% tarmac tires...

Now with my 225 65 17 and (80-20 on off road) I found out takes longer to accelerate above 160 km/h and with greek gas prices not very tempting :pepper:

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
The governor on mine is at about 112ish...idk how you guys get faster? Maybe manuals don't have governor? Or you went downhill with a swift wind? Lol. You can actually get to 112 on mine and let off and your rpms go down a bit and the speed stays. Our old Silverado did a similar thing once you got to the governed speed you could let off and it would down shift and if you floored it again it would shift up but go no faster.

·
Registered
14 Posts
$156km/hr . '11 north pat cvt. Anyone know if you can cancel out limiter?8

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got my patriot to 134mph when the governor was removed, greatest decision of my life. Now i can clock in at 150
While going in schools and parking lots!

21 - 40 of 49 Posts