Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

· an odd member
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no one freak!!! lol! My fiancee is in need of a new vehicle. I was looking at passing my patriot on to her, and trading her car plus cash towards a used JKU or Grand Cherokee.

What are yalls thoughts on which one to look at? I wouldn't be getting a new vehicle either way they would both be used. No specific one's chosen. I've seen both on the lot. Just kinda wondering what y'all think?

· Registered
12,515 Posts
If I didn't have a 50 miles each way commute, I'd be in a JKU myself. The new pentastar has improved the MPGs, but still not quite enough for my 25K miles per year.

It all depends on your needs, and driving needs.

I like the Wranglers, but after I load in my dog box, there is very little room for anything else. Which is why I like the Unlimited.

· Premium Member
4,019 Posts
When I had my CJ it was our only vehicle.

A soft top in Saskatchewan where winter temps went to minus 30.

I had a pizza place, my wife had university.

We dealt with it, also we camped a lot. Still do.
Nothing but fond memories of my CJ.

Get it while you can; kids, a real dress up job, old age...you can do the GC then.

Youth is for playing and you can play better, longer and more bad azz in a Wrangler than a Grand.

· The Sticker Whore
2,523 Posts
Well...I got a screamin good deal for my ole Pat ($20k for it!) and the price for my Wrangler was damn near unbeatable (barely over $25k for a semi-loaded Sport). I'd say get an Unlimited now and then trade the Pat in later for a GC ;)

· The Sticker Whore
2,523 Posts
Lol

· Registered
197 Posts
When I had my CJ it was our only vehicle.

A soft top in Saskatchewan where winter temps went to minus 30.

I had a pizza place, my wife had university.

We dealt with it, also we camped a lot. Still do.
Nothing but fond memories of my CJ.

Get it while you can; kids, a real dress up job, old age...you can do the GC then.

Youth is for playing and you can play better, longer and more bad azz in a Wrangler than a Grand.
I agree with this completely. I got my Patriot last year and loved it but it felt like I missed a step in my youth so I got the Wrangler. When I have kids later on I can definitely see myself back in a Patriot or maybe a GC. Get a wrangler you wont regret it.

· The Sticker Whore
2,523 Posts
I agree with this completely. I got my Patriot last year and loved it but it felt like I missed a step in my youth so I got the Wrangler. When I have kids later on I can definitely see myself back in a Patriot or maybe a GC. Get a wrangler you wont regret it.
This is where I was. I obviously loved Lee-Roy but I knew that I really wanted a Wrangler for offroading...and screw the GC, get either a Patriot or a JKU! When/if I need something bigger, I'll go LJ or JKU.

· The Sticker Whore
2,523 Posts
And? The JK's have really good leg room back there for when he/she gets older and it's not that hard to get a baby in there imo (though I haven't tried to lol). I think a 2dr Wrangler would suffice for one child maybe two if one is significantly older than the other and can get her/himself in and out no problem so you can deal with the baby of the two.

Let's put it this way, when me and Kaity have kids...I only want one but she wants at least two. As long as we don't have them back to back, I'm not worried. I want one daughter that I can spoil and make a raving Jeep fan...she wants a boy and girl. Either way I'd be fine with my 2dr Wrangler imo lol

· Seriously Addicted
3,977 Posts
If I was to ever consider a Wrangler I'd have to look at the 4dr Wranglers.. A kid in a carseat wouldn't be fun getting out of a two door. Having to move the seat and grab the kid out would be more work than it should be.

But... thats why they have the Unlimiteds :) maybe one day ill convice the wife to let me get one :p. They do have amazing resale value.

· The Sticker Whore
2,523 Posts
But... thats why they have the Unlimiteds :) maybe one day ill convice the wife to let me get one :p. They do have amazing resale value.
BINGO! Lol

· Why so serious?
1,638 Posts
I like both the Wrangler and GC. Since I'm the only one in my vehicle 95% of the time, a Wrangler would be my choice. I like the ruggedness and rougher ride. The ability to dive into some serious sh*t at the drop of a hat is appealing...as is the convertible aspect. If I had multiple kids and spent a lot of time on the highway I would definitely opt for the GC.

· Registered
197 Posts
I like both the Wrangler and GC. Since I'm the only one in my vehicle 95% of the time, a Wrangler would be my choice. I like the ruggedness and rougher ride. The ability to dive into some serious sh*t at the drop of a hat is appealing...as is the convertible aspect. If I had multiple kids and spent a lot of time on the highway I would definitely opt for the GC.
Very good points. Although I spend some time on the highway and I am always amazed how quiet these new JK's are. The only noise ever is when there are strong winds hitting the basically upright windshield. I have put my 2013 through some pretty intense mud, snow, slush etc and she always makes it out. When you think about it, a 4 door wrangler has the room of a GC plus all the doors and top come off, its still good on the highway and looks much better IMO. I think the re sale value, build quality, capabilities and looks put the Wrangler ahead of the GC. But that is just my opinion!

· The Sticker Whore
2,523 Posts
If I were to buy a 4 door, I'd get a hard top and it'd basically never come off. When I was looking for a 2 door though, that's a lot easier to take the top on and off of. Though some day I'm sure I'll have both a hard and soft top :rolleyes:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· The Sticker Whore
2,523 Posts
1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.