Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first went to add LED lights and solve the blinking problem a couple remedies were available.

Capacitance, Resistance, a relay harness and someone suggested after market software so I could talk to onboard computer and change head light type to NON-HID.

So two questions . . . .

1) What is the software required and is it loaded onto a laptop?

2) How do I interface into the onboard computer? Some kind of OBD connection cable from laptop to Patriot?

thanks all

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
5,035 Posts
Others have used resistors. I use halogen. They look better anyway, more natural light, not messing with anybody's eyes, etc.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The only software that can change things like that is the dealer software, or AppCar DiagFCA. I can't say whether it can do that, though. I have a license and could probably check, but I don't recall seeing any option for that in AppCar.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks due1007. I was told you could change the type of bulb to non HID and it wouldn't pulse the voltage or negate it if an HID wasn't installed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
OK found this . . Will I need to buy a license in addition to the cost of the software program? View attachment 96765 View attachment 96766
Here is the reader I bought, I think at the recommendation of another member here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005ZWM0R4

You will need to purchase a license to use the software - it is licensed per-VIN. Once you have an AppCar license and a USB-OBD adapter, you are good to go. The adapter I bought came with basic OBD reader software free as well which works on other vehicles.

I also fired mine up to check, and it looks like this is an option which might help your situation. Here's a screenshot:
Rectangle Computer Font Screenshot Software

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
2,212 Posts
It's $49 for the software, including a license for one vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts