Jeep Patriot Forums banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
I don't reMember
1,133 Posts
Is there any help for a mac user.I downloaded the file but can't do anything with it :(
There is no help for a mac user... ;) Sorry, you set yourself up for that one.

Seriously, what browser are you using on your Mac? I *think* there is a version of IE out there for the Mac, you might try that and see if that will work. On my PC, I have to run IE in Compatibiity Mode to get the Service Manual to work correctly, so you may have to do that on your Mac as well.

Good luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
There is no help for a mac user... ;) Sorry, you set yourself up for that one.

Seriously, what browser are you using on your Mac? I *think* there is a version of IE out there for the Mac, you might try that and see if that will work. On my PC, I have to run IE in Compatibiity Mode to get the Service Manual to work correctly, so you may have to do that on your Mac as well.

Good luck!
Not sure which browser, but i'm using 10.5.8 operating system. Will look into how to do that, thanks.

·
I don't reMember
1,133 Posts
Not sure which browser, but i'm using 10.5.8 operating system. Will look into how to do that, thanks.
From wikipedia/Internet Explorer for Mac page:

"On June 13, 2003, Microsoft announced that it was ceasing further development of Internet Explorer for Mac and the final update was released on July 11, 2003. The browser was not included in the default installation of Mac OS X v10.4 "Tiger" which was released on April 29, 2005."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Explorer_for_Mac

You might be able to find an old version out there somewhere that might work. I am not really sure how running older versions of software works on a Mac, though...

·
Registered
241 Posts
For anyone still reading this, you can also extract the files in the .ISO file with a program called "IsoBuster". ("free", depending on where you get it, but I would never advocate pirating overpriced software ;) )

·
Registered
15 Posts
Todde702 thanxthanxthanxthanxthanxthanxthanx for making the 08 Pat service manual available! Do you wear a cape?...you should! Thanx again.

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
A cape? No...I don't...but that might be a dapper looking addition to my wardrobe! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
for some reason when i open the file in IE7, only the wiring diagrams work. None of the service info drop down menus open?

·
Registered
28 Posts
:dead_horse:Yeah- Calling all computer nerds! I have a 2007 Trail Rated Patriot with 150,000 miles on it, and am finally starting to need to have some general repair (bearings, etc.) done on it. I have had the 2007 Factory Service Manual file sitting on my computers unused (and unable to open) for years now- it's been a LONG time since I've had Internet Explorer 6. Is it possible to jury rig Windows 7/Internet Explorer 10 to read these files? I get as far as the drop down menus both in service and wiring, but none of those links will open any further. It's just data! (yes, OLD data). Anyone with a more modern computer managed to figure out how to do this? Help!

·
Registered
168 Posts
In IE9 hit F12. That will bring up a dialogue box at the bottom where you can try compatability modes. That sometimes works for that service manual. Also try and disable CSS under "disable". That usually gets me what I need. You may need to play with those options a bit. IE10 I don't know.........?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Brilliant! I didn't know about the F12 compatability trick. Works perfectly. 2007 FSM opens fine in Windows 7/ IE10 this way! Thanks Patriot!

·
Registered
1 Posts
anyone else have a link to this that works? looks like the original link in the OP is down or done with... i have a 2010 jeep patriot and i need to figure out how the heck the mechanics are checking the cvt fluid. i have a scan tool that can show the tranny fluid temp and am willing to muck around a fair bit, but i suspect the fluid is low and the dealer wants to rape me, without lube, to do anything to it :(

any help would be appreciated with respect to a manual or a way to check and fill it myself

thanks very much

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
I don't think anyone ever came forward with a 2009 or newer CD. 2008 is the latest I had available, however the mechanical instructions will be the same for 2007 through 2014. The wiring colors may not be accurate for 2009-2014, but the pin outs on the connectors will be the same so you can still use them when tracing circuits. The only thing not covered would be the 6-speed conventional auto of the 2014.

As for checking the CVT fluid, they read the CVT fluid temp, then use millimeter marked dipstick and a lookup table to see how many millimeters of fluid should be on the stick. Rockauto sells the dipstick, or you can purchase it from the dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone have the Service Manual CD or electronic file copy for the 2009's that they would be willing to share with me? I'm willing to compensate for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Since no one is publishing the Patriot service manual's, why doesn't jeep provide a link for Jeep owners? I'm too old to want to crawl around.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
2007 Dodge Caliber Service Manual

In my unsuccessful attempts to use the service manual links in this thread, I continued searching until I found a couple of links in a Dodge Caliber forum, "Caliberforumz". There is a sticky there, ">>>> Caliber Service Manual Download<<<<" I initially downloaded the first link, but after further investigation, the root of the web address is a strange foreign site, so I moved on to the second. Open the PDF via "2007 DODGE Caliber Service Manual" link and simply save it to your computer.

I can't post my URL finding until my 5th posting.

61 - 80 of 111 Posts