Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Jeep Patriot Service Manual

Important Information:
The manual is only listed to work with Internet Explorer 6. Not 7, or Firefox, or Opera etc....
However various users are reporting success with browsers other than IE6.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
It works fine everytime I try.....

So if anyone gets an error, count to 300 and try again.

·
Aussie Patriot Legend
996 Posts
i can confirm only works with ie6.....and what a lovley xmas present, we are expecting a balmy 34 degrees c for xmas;)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
thanks! worked fine for me using both IE7 & FireFox
Well that's swell.

I could never get IE7 to work (?) and the official instructions said IE6 only, so I think I better leave the disclaimer up just in case.....

thanks for the update!!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Thanks Jim, I'm now able to finally read in depth about the (irritating in the winter?) tire pressure monitoring system. ;)

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Got the material. Now I just have to see how to access it with my home computer (Ubuntu doesn't come with IE6 you know... ;) ).

·
POTM June 08
1,247 Posts
Thanks Jim. Hope you are doing better.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Firefox V2.0.0.11 worked fine, load the page, right click the link, choose Save File As.

BTW it's 154.9 MB.

Disregard, I see what you guys mean after I downloaded it, however I did get the program to function in IE 7.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got mine to work, but I had to follow the manual instruction in the read me file. I have IE7

Has anyone figured out how to print the whole thing? I would like to have a hard copy.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Has anyone figured out how to print the whole thing? I would like to have a hard copy.
I don't think there really is a way. Since it is an interactive manual, there is no real first page, last page kinda thing.

I dug an old laptop out of the closet and resurrected it with IE7. (Which it BARELY runs its so old)
That has become my 'manual laptop'

You could dload the 'free' manual, buy a hoopty laptop from eBay for a 100 bucks and still come out way ahead.

My elderly retired neighbor came over when I was changing my oil and saw the laptop on the ground with tools laying all over it and diagrams on the screen.
He laughed and said "My .. is THAT what is required now-a-days to change your oil?"
I told him, just for the geeks....

1 - 20 of 111 Posts