Jeep Patriot Forums banner

441 - 445 of 445 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Any reason to whore out some pictures of my Patriot is cool with me!

The wheels are Mod Tech 229 16x6.5. I forget the ofset but I think it's the same as factory. In order for the center caps to clear I had to run 5/16" spacers in the front. I put the same spacers in the back just for conguency.

The tires are 225/75/16 Falken High County A/T. my Patriot has a RRO lift now but the tires didn't rub pre-lift.

This tire and wheel combo is only slightly heavier than stock but provided >1" of additional ground clearnance.

Pre Lift

Post Lift

Dirty

Let's keep the wheel pics coming!
Are they available in a 17". BTW your Patriot looks tough !

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looks great. I have a 2016 High Altitude 2.4L with 225/60/ 17 AS tires from the factory, to be blunt they suck especially where I live in NW Pa. We can get 2' of snow in just a few hrs. I'm going to go with a 225/65/17 good AT of some kind. I'm also going to do a Daystar 1.5" suspension lift sooner than later. So far I've done K&N Aircharger kit, Magnaflow catback exhaust and E3 Premium Diamond Fire Electrode plugs to it. If I still have the $ I may go with some different custom wheels too. I'll post some before/after pics once I'm done with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Love it! Love the rims too. We have similar looking Jeeps. KO2s rock!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
So does/did your set up NOT rub because of your 4.5 backspacing on the 7032s? Sorry confused as to why his rubs and yours didn't at stock height.

I plan on getting the Pro Comp 7032 with some 235/70 tires. Just want to make sure it shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was going to wait until fall for new tires on my 2017 FDII, but the stock Wrangler SR-A's were cracking in-between the treads, making them wear unevenly, and creating all manner of problems. I should have looked at the date code, but I suspect they had already been sitting in storage for some time when the car was assembled. Anyway, I researched many options, including different wheels, but finally decided to go with 235/65/17's on the stock wheels. From there, it was a matter of finding a quality AT tire that was not too heavy. In the end, I decided to go with the Wrangler Trailrunner AT, which they recently started making in this size. I wanted the outlined white letters, but even though there is a part number for them, they haven't even made them yet, and may not ever now that they are scaling back production. The tires clear the pinch weld, and still have plenty of room under the spring perch. I don't know if I actually need them, but I added 5mm spacers to make sure there would be no rubbing at full lock.

441 - 445 of 445 Posts