Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We see lots of pics of Pat's doing a fine job off road - how about on road? I recently put my UK diesel powered Patriot around Castle Combe - despite lots of spectators finding it funny - it did rather well!

Contact me for the link to the video, or type in castle combe action day mix to YouTube.

·
just an average Joe
3,197 Posts
Looks like a lot of fun... :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
lol ... cool ... I was at Jap Fest @ Castle Combe a few weeks ago

Parked the Patriot up and whilst walking around kept wondering what it'd be like to take the Pat around!

There were some very sensative owners ... I reckon I could have easily overtaken a few of the cars on the track ... maybe that would just have been having no sense

·
Registered
111 Posts
what kind of speeds were you reaching and how did you find the acceleration.

Looks like you had fun, was good to see this, thanks for posting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On the long straight we got up to a tad over 95mph.

I've had mine chipped to 190ish BHP, which helps with the old acceleration. The main issue is the amount of speed you scrub off due to tyre limitations - the big side walls etc. There is one lap where you hear the tyres screeching pretty much from start to finish.

Still, loads of fun! I think the Jeep is seriously underated. Crap dashboard still!

·
POTM Winner AUG. 09.
4,636 Posts
Hey Nice---I took an old Mini Cooper & a Lotus Cortina around Mallory Park, many years ago ---Great fun!!---- Ummm I'm still considering getting mine Chipped up tp about 175 BHP... I like the look of a Company called Tunit or maybe Superchips !!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pish n chips

Superchips are a safe bet as you know, I think they even provide engine warrantee or something?

Mine is made by chips express, and I have to say, is fab.

Purchased through ebay for £300 - the difference in the way the vehicle drives needs to be experienced to be believed.

Good luck.

J

1 - 9 of 9 Posts