Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving down the interstate going about 80 mph when I noticed my rpm needle went kinda wacky. Right after that my patriot began slowing down and accelerating did nothing. I pulled over and restarted my car and was able to make it home. Check engine light came on. For a split second my oil light came on after I got home but I haven’t seen that light come back on since then after many startups. I used a code reader and it said p0301 initially. I changed plugs and coil. At some point after that I started to get a random cylinder misfire. I also changed crankshaft sensor after getting a code for that. It starts up totally normal but check engine light comes on and will flash sometimes. At one point the check engine light went off but came back on when I tried to drive up an incline AND then it started to idle very rough and had no accelerating.
I’m wondering what may be causing these misfire? My serpentine belt is relatively new. My patriot (2010 2.4L) has 100k miles on it. I got an oil change four days prior to this happening. Also, my battery check light has been coming on every once in a while for the past month or so.
I think that’s all the relevant info I can think of. Thanks in advance for an tips or advice!! I did do a Vaccum test and everything seemed normal on that end.

·
Administrator
6,745 Posts
Just throwing out a couple of ideas.

Perhaps it's a loose/bad connection between the alternator and the battery?

Also, how old is the battery?Has it ever been tested?

If possible, get a scanner that can record live data and leave it connected until the problem occurs, then you can hopefully see what dropped out.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,763 Posts
If you hadn't been able to get it moving again, I'd say it might be the CVT(assuming you don't have the 5-speed stick), but since it's apparently working again, I don't see how that would be terribly likely. Wouldn't hurt to check though I suppose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts