Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please responde to this thread with year and make of your pat with mileage (50k plus miles only )

2008 4x4 sport 5speed 50,000 mile

·
Registered
63 Posts
50+

I have a 08 4x4 sport with 60,000k miles on it so far so good, although im starting to hear some funny noises from the suspension. Dont do any serious offroading either. change all my own oil between 3-4000 miles.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have a 08 4x4 sport with 60,000k miles on it so far so good, although im starting to hear some funny noises from the suspension. Dont do any serious offroading either. change all my own oil between 3-4000 miles.
wow..nice to find someone who has high mileage.. there is no one else out there with 50k plus miles....i had few but serious problems so far...........

....the dealer repaired the clutch master cylinder yesterday after spending 1.5 days...but suddently i had new problem withn 24 hrs of the repair...i was driving in 5th gear and suddently the pat went in nutral...i thought gear slipped but i was wrong...the stick was still in 4th, but it was not engaged...i tried put in 3rd, but it didnt enganged...tried put in in nutral, and it engaged in 4th,,,tried put in 2nd, it did work,,, reverse gear works, 1st does not work...what the hell happended suddenly?
current: 08 Pat 4x4 5-speed 49,500 miles
previous: 97->08 saturn 4x4 5-speed drove 185,000 miles.........

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
there is a guy on here who has over 100,000 miles. he said he drives around for his job. i forget what his username was, but he said he has had 0 problems with his Patriot. no leaks, no suspension issues, nothing. it seems that people who do a lot of highway driving and who do those nasty 100+ mile commutes each day end up having vehicles that last to 300K miles.

stop-and-go is atrocious on engines and transmissions

·
Registered
28 Posts
FDII Trail Rated 2007

86,000 miles- and I occasionally do some respectable offroading. Actually will be finally needing to replace the brake pads (for the first time!) in another 5000 miles or so. No problems. Very satisfied and happy.

·
Registered
397 Posts
when did you guys do your first tranny fluid change I have 42k so far on my 07 riot.No problems except the tie rod broke probably from going to get wood on those logging roads

·
POTM November 2008
8,921 Posts
I'm going to have to go out and drive around 1800 miles so I can post here. :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
2008 CVT 53,000 that is miles like we use in the United States....

Leaking cowl (still leaks after out of pocket $179)
Popping rear right wheel (not a shock but they replaced and charged me for it anyway)
Spark Plugs replaced twice every 30,000 MILES
New tires at 40,000
Spare tire comes loose often

·
Registered
62 Posts
2008 Jeep almost 55,000 miles. no issues. Still average over 30 MPG. Getting new tires on this week, I am still on stock rubber.

·
Registered
397 Posts
DO a search for Jeep patriot for sale on goolge and there are 2 for sale at yahoo and one had 152,000 and another has 178,000 miles on it I will try to find it again to post the link

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm around 83k. Had the CVT software updated early on. Otherwise it has only needed 1 set of tyres, spark plugs and oil changes.

1 - 20 of 253 Posts