Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just thought I'd share the fold flat drivers seat I've just built to enable a full sized double airbed to be used. Went on our first camping trip with it last week! Works really well with minimal fuss. Me my wife and our 2 big dogs slept like babies
20200616_000345.jpg
馃憤

Attachments

Registered
Patriot '09, 2,4 cvt 4wd
Coffee machine, Tv, Toilet ?
Didn't know the front seat backrest could go down that far.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Coffee machine, Tv, Toilet ?
Didn't know the front seat backrest could go down that far.
It doesn't, I've added a passenger seat backrest to the drives seat. So that all seats now fold flat 馃憤

Reactions: JeepTlaloc

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
great wheels and awesome scenery.
Thanks Man 馃憤 wheels have been done in plastidip and the scenery courtesy of mother nature. Its our Derbyshire countryside in the UK 馃槏

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
What do you use to make a flat surface to sleep on?
Hi, we just inflate our airbed and adjust the front seats to be level with the folded down rear seats. Works really well 馃憤

Unsponsored Baja racer
Did you import a right-hand passenger seat from the states, or find a junkyard left-hand passenger seat in the UK, or maybe buy one elsewhere....? That's a pretty interesting setup. I usually just lean my seat back and take a nap when sleeping in my Patriot, though I'm still chronically single, haha.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Did you import a right-hand passenger seat from the states, or find a junkyard left-hand passenger seat in the UK, or maybe buy one elsewhere....? That's a pretty interesting setup. I usually just lean my seat back and take a nap when sleeping in my Patriot, though I'm still chronically single, haha.
Ha ha, well it may be the lack of bonking room in your Patriot that's the issue! 馃槈馃槀
I just bought another Passenger seat, took it apart and added the parts I wanted to the drivers seat. Worked out a treat, I would like the height adjustable subraframe from a US vehicle to make both front seats height adjustable. But it was proving rather difficult and expensive to obtain.

Unsponsored Baja racer
Ha ha, well it may be the lack of bonking room in your Patriot that's the issue! 馃槈馃槀
I just bought another Passenger seat, took it apart and added the parts I wanted to the drivers seat. Worked out a treat, I would like the height adjustable subraframe from a US vehicle to make both front seats height adjustable. But it was proving rather difficult and expensive to obtain.
Haha, not likely, that'll get discovered only after the wedding. :p I've found that while height adjustment is handy and a fun toy in my Impala, it's not really needed in the Jeep. Just gotta play with different combinations of settings for the seat as a whole and the back adjustment until you find one that's comfy longer-term. And of course set up the mirrors and wheel to work with it. Bit of fun on that with my 100% manually adjusted mirrors, though honestly the only factory option I really wish my Patriot had that it doesn't is heated mirrors. Doesn't seem like there's much point to any of the other stuff most folks want, honestly.

Registered
Hi, we just inflate our airbed and adjust the front seats to be level with the folded down rear seats. Works really well 馃憤
Thanks for sharing this info - I am picking up my new 2014 Pat on Thursday which I intend on camping in this summer. Found a 2009 Pat thats being parted out I will source a fold flat passenger seat from.

Were there any tricks to the swap? Was the only modification required to the drivers seat the swapping of the base rails? Did you have to swap the female seat buckle component?

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for sharing this info - I am picking up my new 2014 Pat on Thursday which I intend on camping in this summer. Found a 2009 Pat thats being parted out I will source a fold flat passenger seat from.

Were there any tricks to the swap? Was the only modification required to the drivers seat the swapping of the base rails? Did you have to swap the female seat buckle component?
Hi, I'll have a closer look again I should have taken photos along the way when converting.
I think I basically took the passenger seat back and bolted it onto the the drivers seat base, then trimmed side plastics to suit. The backrest angle adjustment is towards the middle of the car now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts