Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, please try for advice. I apologize in advance for my English. We will change the oil and filter at my Patriot in the automatic transmission. I have the right type of oil and filter, so I found the procedure - but I still can't find anywhere exactly how to do it without error.

My main concern is whether when adding new oil, I measure the oil level at:

The oil must have an operating temperature - OK

Does the engine have to be started during the measurement itself?

Position of the control lever on P?

Does anyone please have a complete manual for changing the oil in the automatic transmission?

Thank you very much for your answer and advice !!! Karel

·
Super Moderator
5,221 Posts
Hello, please try for advice. I apologize in advance for my English. We will change the oil and filter at my Patriot in the automatic transmission. I have the right type of oil and filter, so I found the procedure - but I still can't find anywhere exactly how to do it without error.

Does anyone please have a complete manual for changing the oil in the automatic transmission?

Welcome Karel,

Here are the steps I use for changing the CVT fluid and filters.

For routine maintenance I check the fluid cold (21C) with the engine off and make sure it is around 32-35 mm.

Below is the procedure from the service manual for measuring the fluid for your reference:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello, thank you very much for your answer and help!

Just one thing - I got oil and a filter from the jeep shop - look at the picture. The little filter from the engine compartment but NO. Can't there be a difference between Jepp Patriot 2008 and 2012? Do I also need that small "cylinder" filter? Thank you!
Já jsem to!

·
Super Moderator
5,221 Posts
Hello, thank you very much for your answer and help!
Neni zac :) (Don't worry about your English, it's far better than my Czech)

The filter you got from the Jeep shop bolts to the bottom of the valve body, inside the transmission pan. See video.

Yes you need the small cylinder shaped filter, it's very important:

It goes inside the transmission here:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, thank you again! I don't understand why no Jeep e-shop has this transmission filter on offer - in Czech Republic.... I found him from here - link. Is it necessary to buy a new seal for the filter?

Karel

·
Super Moderator
5,221 Posts
Hi, thank you again! I don't understand why no Jeep e-shop has this transmission filter on offer - in Czech Republic.... I found him from here - link. Is it necessary to buy a new seal for the filter?

Karel

View attachment 92360
Hi Karel,

This filter is not included in the service manual procedure for the CVT fluid change (even though it should be IMO), so that might be why the Jeep shop doesn't offer the filter.

Hopefully the filter will come with a new seal, you may want to confirm with the seller.

You may need to replace the O-ring seal that goes between the oil-to-water cooler and transmission after you remove it to replace the filter.

You may need to source this part from a Nissan dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Please only use Mopar CVT+4 fluid. No other brand compatible.

·
Super Moderator
5,221 Posts
Please only use Mopar CVT+4 fluid. No other brand compatible.
Amsoil, Castrol Transmax, and Valvoline are all compatable.

·
Super Moderator
5,221 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dobrý den, ještě jednou. Poslední otázka pro měření hladiny oleje v CVT.

Přidám olej a hladina bude na 80 stupňů Celsia na olejové měrky by měla být asi 40 milimetrů - ze dna měrky. Je to v pořádku?

!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts