Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently installed temporarily an android head unit with the molded unit ordered from ebay. The head unit worked good, touchscreen etc. But when ever anything was audio-related, it was way too loud.

At the lowest level, it was still too loud for me. So, I am thinking since the head unit has and amplifier and my car has Boston Audio with the amplifier, the problem lies in there. Any cures? Another android head unit? I did try following remedies:
-Setting the system volume low
-Setting the amplifier volume from the head unit hardware settings to low

As the head unit is connected to my audio system with just the harness, not the rca (since I don't have any rca cables in the car), the remedy might be to use the amplifiers RCA-outputs and splice the cars original harness to connect to those, but feels very too complicated.

Any other suggestions for the remedy? Head units that have worked with your car? Harnesses that you could just plug in to jeeps own and have direct rca plugs?

ANY help is greatly appreciated.

Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Steering wheel Communication Device

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a Tomostrong-sellers Y1 android head unit. I did found an harness to bypass the amplifier in the car, so ordered that one. Let's see if it helps but sugggestions welcome.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts