Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had plastidipped rims for some time now. They look good but i want MORE! The dip is starting to peal and i feel plastidip is the cheap way to go. I work for a Lexus dealership that is partnered with a company called Alloy Wheels. They fix pretty much any rim no matter what. I have seen there work and it is great. So one day I let my father drive my car and guess what, he hits a curb and pops my tire. i had my buddy take a look at it and he said the rim is damaged. At 65 mph I feel a shake. So i am handing my wheels over to Alloy Wheels to have them fix it. Alloy Wheels also refinish rims IN ANY COLOR! All in all, because I will be giving them the wheels i am going to have them paint them matte black.

Will post pics ASAP

·
Registered
622 Posts
Lol I chunked a rim when I was off roading SK I took my rims sanded them down, and painted them with the heat treated flat black rim/ wheel paint from auto zone I'm real happy with the look

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a little update. The rims are in the shop and being worked on right now. I will be paying $155 a rim to have each refinished matte black and all dents, scratches and imperfections fixed. I am estimated to have the car back on Tuesday 9/24/13

here is a pic

·
Registered
701 Posts
$155 a rim? What a jip! You could of bought new rims for that price!

·
Equal Opportunity Mod
2,482 Posts

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So i just got my rims back today. I am in love. They did such a great job. I will have pics up on my Photobucket soon. Also while i was waiting for the rims to be finished i bought my self a set of Mopar center caps off eBay. They fit perfect, flush and give it a nice "after market" look. Also the reason why I did not get new rims is because i could not find any that I like and fit my tires (my tires have at least 50k left).

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Without pics......just sayin.

ProComp 7032 for less $$$.

We ain't no Lexus!

Just funninn'.

16s................................

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
5,441 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
looks great

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am pending on next vinyl wrapping my jeep matte black. Any thoughts?

·
Not Sponsored
6,879 Posts
I've thought about it, but matte black has become pretty mainstream. Everytime I get on the road I'm seeing matte black cars. I'd look into some of the other matte colors. There's plenty to go around. Matte orange, yellow, blue, white. I was thinking about white for awhile once I get done with rims etc.

If your highly considering matte black, think about the rest of your patriot. If you wrap the entire patriot, what else on the patriot wouldn't be black? It would look like a giant black box. Black patriot, black windows, black mirrors, black lights, black rims, black tires.

That's just my two cents.

·
Registered
343 Posts
And I can think of several forum members who are already salivating at the very thought of black on black on black on black. Totally murdered. Just sayin'.

·
Not Sponsored
6,879 Posts
I mean, I love Black on Black on Black, but in my opinion, matte black on matte black on matte black isn't the same.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts