Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys seen about a dozen on the road already..?

How many ordered the 2007 models... how was your expierience?

What do you think of its great wet traction capability?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Not in PA, but close. I finally saw my first other patriot's in the past 2 days. I saw a white limited yesterday and a light blue sport today. I've had my Pat for around a month or so and had never seen another one.

·
Registered
452 Posts
have seen 2 or 3 in the Pittsburgh area.

Bought mine off the lot, didn't have to order!

Wet traction capability? I think I haven't slipped at all yest so it's great? :)

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I've seen a few around my section of Philly.

Golden Chrysler-Jeep on Ridge Avenue has a Jeep Green Trail Rated Pat on display right now along side of a Rallye Compass.
Hey there , is that in Conshohocken or Norristown???
I have literally seen about a dozen on the road, I drive on part of Ridge Pike going to work in the morning.. If you see a Green Sport it will probably be me.. LOL
I drove a couple of days ago in Philly, in "chestnut hill" - wet cobblestones and trolly tracks make a great traction test.. this thing feels stable and secure on any road surface...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have seen 3 tin AZ so far.
Two white ones and a Silver one down in my neck of the desert. I waved and they did not wave back. Obviously not a member of this site.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So far from what I have seen not many jeep owners wave.. Remember some jeep owners are vehicle owners that have crossed over from other brands and makes.. They may not be aware of the jeep wave or even care. I have not seen anyone wave a me yet. Not even that middle finger.. LOL

Beware FDI owners, the basic goodyear tires (205 70 16 ) seem ok on asphalt, but they are terrible on grass and I also heard they are terrible on sand..
I recently embarrased myself by following a Tauraus wagon up a slight hill on a lawn and I was spinning my tires :mad:
I will wait until October to buy 4 new shoes...
Debating on either BF goodrich T/As or Advan all seasons..
I am studying Tirerack.com to see what options I have for a later purchase :wow:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey there , is that in Conshohocken or Norristown???
I have literally seen about a dozen on the road, I drive on part of Ridge Pike going to work in the morning.. If you see a Green Sport it will probably be me.. LOL
I drove a couple of days ago in Philly, in "chestnut hill" - wet cobblestones and trolly tracks make a great traction test.. this thing feels stable and secure on any road surface...
It is in Philly. Continue South on Ridge Pike from Conshy/Norristown and when it reaches Philly it becomes Ridge Avenue.

I'm right across the Wissahickon Valley from Chestnut Hill.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like I am not that far from you, I am close to Ambler, PA

I put about 1200 miles so far, I like how the suspension soaks up bad pavement. Smooth ride!

Happy with the 5 speed, would like to take it to a dirt road or some mud just to see how well the all wheel drive performs..

The only problem so far is a very slight rattle underneath.. I think its an aluminum heat sheild for the exhust.. may be a little loose.. dealer said not a problem and they will check it out on my first oil change..
Other than that, everything is perfect, good brakes, great a/c. base radio sounds pretty good..
I wish the fuel tank was a few gallons bigger..

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Im sensing a Philly area meet...

I live right over the Walt Whitman Bridge in Southern Jersey and work in Newtown Square. I've only seen one other Patriot during my daily commutes.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Interesting idea, my brother used to be a big member of a subaru club.. maybe I can get some ideas from him.. his club appeared on Motorweek I think about eight years ago. Funny things is this, he traded his WRX STi for a Jeep Sahara Unlimited...

Hey Philly folks, ever drive up Port Royal Ave in Roxboro??? Could we call this an Urban trail... LOL

·
Registered
75 Posts
Interesting idea, my brother used to be a big member of a subaru club.. maybe I can get some ideas from him.. his club appeared on Motorweek I think about eight years ago. Funny things is this, he traded his WRX STi for a Jeep Sahara Unlimited...

Hey Philly folks, ever drive up Port Royal Ave in Roxboro??? Could we call this an Urban trail... LOL
Do you see the pic in my avatar? That is Port Royal Ave. I live in Roxborough. Whenever I buy a new Jeep, that is the first road I drive up and down. Other pics on my Cardomain page.

As for other groups, check out www.pa-wheeling.com and introduce yourself in the Southeast PA region. And www.lostkjs.com has a Mid-Atlantic chapter and is open to all Jeep owners regardless of model.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the FYI on the other forums and groups.. I am new to this whole Jeep things stuff.... I am pretty close to that jeep dealer but I bought mine at fred beans I got a pretty good deal..

Today I am dealing with a check engine light, (I posted this on another thread) I did some research and it appears that it may be a computer problem which I think the dealer can reflash the PCM to adjust the ignition timing.. I am not having any drivability issues..

After all only having 1500 miles I am very happy with my Patriot, when my lease is over I might go for a diesel.. maybe a Liberty or another Patriot.. not sure yet.. and it will be trail rated.. :)

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had the rattle fixed on an early visit to the dealer, they fixed everything I requested. Heatshield for the fuel tank was loose, not a big deal. Check engine light was traced to the 02 sensor reading fuel mixture too lean, they ran a bunch of tests, also think they did something to the gas cap, it seems to tighen better (better seal).

My first oil change is coming up next week, I have no problems to report, now at over 2700 miles!!

Anyone here going to the Jeep Daniels jeep show, I am thinking of showing up.. not sure yet...

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oct. 20th Raush Creek PA, event

I just read that my Pat will not meet the minimum requirments for this off road event.

I do not have low range or fixed tow hooks..
I thought it was a little deceiving that it stated "all jeeps", I guess that does not apply to FDI Patriots and Compasses...

Oh well, I bought mine becuase it was cheap, I am on a tight budget, I can't afford the trail rated version..

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just read that my Pat will not meet the minimum requirments for this off road event.

I do not have low range or fixed tow hooks..
I thought it was a little deceiving that it stated "all jeeps", I guess that does not apply to FDI Patriots and Compasses...

Oh well, I bought mine becuase it was cheap, I am on a tight budget, I can't afford the trail rated version..
You'll find that most off-road parks have minimum requirements regarding recovery poins on the vehicle.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts