Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone has installed a P56038646AM or P56038646AL
in their patriot, how it has worked out.
I searched and could find nothing on anyone doing this before..

Any of you pros who have not feel free to weigh in with your should be or should be not too opinions please

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I can confirm it will fit perfectly into a 2008 Jeep Patriot. I cannot speak to the performance as I have never owned one.

He is referring to the Navigation Unit for those who do not know.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your response. The only other problem It seems i might have is adding uconnect, Since this is a REC and the optional patriot auto dimming rear view mirror with uconnect buttons is made for RER will it be compatible? I hate the idea of adding that little button that looks so aftermarket...

In a perfect world I would like to buy the mirror for the Patriot the wiring and the uconnect module. I know I will have to have the dealer flash to make it work. HOWEvr again is the connections for a REc the same as a RER. Wonder if the uconnect mirror off a 2006 Chrysler 300 (which is the donor car) would work in the patriot? There is also a new mirror for the challenger that DOES NOT AUTO DIM just uconnect controls,

Anyone know anything about this .. or am I biting off more then I can chew..

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I am wondering if anyone has installed a P56038646AM or P56038646AL
in their patriot, how it has worked out.
I searched and could find nothing on anyone doing this before..

Any of you pros who have not feel free to weigh in with your should be or should be not too opinions please
kind of left out a VERY important piece of info, did ya????

like someone said, it would be nice if you had told us what a 56038646AM or a 56038646AL WAS. I'm fortunate to have access to MOPAR's DealerConnect so I can look it up to see the parts description, cost, list, etc....but most people on this forum wouldn't have a clue.

good thing 'homac' was around to SAVE THE DAY! :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess I just assumed since I was in the audio forum and note LOL I did say any of you pros..

·
Registered
222 Posts
Isn't it like $2k, not including installation?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brand New it is like alot. I got one off ebay for $400.... bought an antenna for $20.. Ifr it works well, I know I got a deal

·
POTM Winner AUG. 09.
4,636 Posts
I have a road Atlas map book --cost me £2.99............

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
YEs I have one of those Atlas books too however I can not read it because I am blind

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just for the record it worked.. for about 5 minutes then the Radio turned out to be a piece of ^$T^. So it will work if you get a good radio but NOT EBAY JUNK!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts