Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've been having an on and off issue with my pat. It started 2 months ago, I was almost home with AC on and going 65 when it started feeling like its braking on its own and would lose power. Anyway I thought it was my tranny fluid maybe needing a change(cvt) but, that did no change at all. Ran good until last week same issue happened but I got the p0171 code and an engine light. I got B12 chemtool and sprayed into the TB with the hose disconnected and engine racing. Added 2bottles of injector cleaner and 3 gallons of 91. It seemed to work, for a couple days but here I am stuck again. Anyone have relevant issues? Idles fine, starts fine, fuel pump sounds fine when keys are turned not started, don't see or hear any leaks. When the ride is on idling and I press the gas, it's 50/50 if itll choke out or rev up with some power.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
2,397 Posts
First thing I'd do is change the spark plugs. If that didn't help then I'd investigate a bad 02 sensor or possible bad ground for the o2 sensor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Changed the sparks to some iridium last night, after it sat for a few hours. Worked and ran fine, hope this is the fix. If not ill be taking out the O2 sensor. I doubt it's that or my catalytic converter, the dealership replaced them under recall last year, about this time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts