Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Dan, I just bought an 07 jeep patriot, low miles, great shape. It was a steal. I'm looking for things I can do to it, both performance and Exterior. I have plans on what I want to do.

Cargo Rack.
Lift
Tint
Lightbar
Hitch
Thinking 225/70r16 all terrain Maybe?
quarter inch spacers
plastidip the rims black
better horn
Air Intake
Better Exhaust

Any ideas what else? I'm new to this and want to make the most of it.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,775 Posts
Welcome aboard!!! Setting aside lift/spacers/pinch weld for just a second, the biggest tires you can fit on stock rims is a P225/65R17(BFG KO2's come in this size, highly recommended from multiple sources). I have P225/60R17 Firestone Destination LE2's, gave me a little more tread without needing a speedometer retune(I think it's still good, anyways). Got a K&N CAI and Magnaflow Catback system on mine, that's $800 plus tax and shipping for cooler looks and(with no retune currently available) basically just a better sound and 1-2mpg improvement. Computer won't let your horsepower go up, it'll put all that towards mpg. Just so you know what you're getting into there.

Only two lifts widely available are the spacers from RRO and coils from Murchison. Given the tendency of the stock springs to eventually sag, and how so many of us want to put heavier loads in than what the Patriot is designed for, Murchison is becoming the more popular option, but you can't have both. That'd be an inch further than the suspension will go without axles coming loose. Spacers and a lift will both likely make your suspension components wear out quicker, something to keep in mind.

Tint can be a nice option, I personally don't see a need on a non-street vehicle, but that's all personal preference.

Lightbars, so many different ways to go. Most popular option here is mounting something on the front bumper and/or a small pod in front of each mirror. Brackets can be made to fit one on the roof.

Hitch receiver can be had off Amazon for maybe $124(that's what I paid for mine), just use the garage feature to input your year/make/model so it'll show what fits when you search for a Curt or Reese class 3.

Plastidip, good starter mod, but also so popular you'd almost be more unique in this club if you do ANYTHING but black. Not sayin', just sayin'.

Can see your problem with the horn, but I just left mine in place, installed a Dixie horn, and have a toggle switch so I can use either. Might install a train horn also someday, we'll see.

Cargo rack could come in handy, but that's out of my area of expertise. Philbobagginz on here could probably help, though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome aboard!!! Setting aside lift/spacers/pinch weld for just a second, the biggest tires you can fit on stock rims is a P225/65R17(BFG KO2's come in this size, highly recommended from multiple sources). I have P225/60R17 Firestone Destination LE2's, gave me a little more tread without needing a speedometer retune(I think it's still good, anyways). Got a K&N CAI and Magnaflow Catback system on mine, that's $800 plus tax and shipping for cooler looks and(with no retune currently available) basically just a better sound and 1-2mpg improvement. Computer won't let your horsepower go up, it'll put all that towards mpg. Just so you know what you're getting into there.

Only two lifts widely available are the spacers from RRO and coils from Murchison. Given the tendency of the stock springs to eventually sag, and how so many of us want to put heavier loads in than what the Patriot is designed for, Murchison is becoming the more popular option, but you can't have both. That'd be an inch further than the suspension will go without axles coming loose. Spacers and a lift will both likely make your suspension components wear out quicker, something to keep in mind.

Tint can be a nice option, I personally don't see a need on a non-street vehicle, but that's all personal preference.

Lightbars, so many different ways to go. Most popular option here is mounting something on the front bumper and/or a small pod in front of each mirror. Brackets can be made to fit one on the roof.

Hitch receiver can be had off Amazon for maybe $124(that's what I paid for mine), just use the garage feature to input your year/make/model so it'll show what fits when you search for a Curt or Reese class 3.

Plastidip, good starter mod, but also so popular you'd almost be more unique in this club if you do ANYTHING but black. Not sayin', just sayin'.

Can see your problem with the horn, but I just left mine in place, installed a Dixie horn, and have a toggle switch so I can use either. Might install a train horn also someday, we'll see.

Cargo rack could come in handy, but that's out of my area of expertise. Philbobagginz on here could probably help, though.
Damn! Much obliged man! I'll post updates and pictures as I go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.